Agnostic.com

34 13

Have you ever had popcorn for dinner?

For dinner, I had homemade chicken vegetable soup with a piece of whole wheat toast.

Still hungry, I made popcorn with just salt. My rationale:

Today I already ate lots of fruit and vegetables with chicken. I can slide once in awhile.

LiterateHiker 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I remember the first day I was on my own for dinner, after both my kids were off to college and for once I didn't have to plan a nutritious dinner. I had watermelon and popcorn for dinner and didn't feel bad at all with that choice!

I’ve had popcorn for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If you’re out of breakfast cereal, just pour milk and sugar on it!

According to popcorn .org -- [popcorn.org]

'Although popcorn is typically thought of as a snack food today, popcorn was once a popular breakfast food. Ahead of its time and very likely a role model for breakfast cereals to come, during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, popcorn was eaten just as we eat cereal today.'

Update: Fixed the link. Sorry. Never trust an app not to add an extra period. 😎

I eat popcorn for dinner all the, I live alone and sometims I just do not feel like cooking for one.

I wanted to have popcorn for breakfast so I invented a new dish. Pop your popcorn, break a couple of eggs and whisk them up with salt, pepper, cheese etc , then batter the popcorn with the raw eggs and fry them in a pan. The popcorn flattens out and you can't tell the popcorn from the egg once it's fried. The two flavors compliment each other well. Try not to let any uncooked kernels get in the mix or you might crack a tooth lol.

That sounds kinda good- I may give it a try🙂

No, how about Necco's for breakfast? Hey I'm going to add to that why not? Corn flakes a kernel of corn flattened, corn Puffs, corn Puffed, corn on the cob, corn kernels before they exploded 😉 big deal. Enjoy!

Sure. I’ve had worse, like Oreos. It’s fun to be an adult sometimes.

Oreos and milk, or also honey graham crackers and milk. Yum!

i had it for breakfast once.

g

I am a musician. I have had pretty much everything for dinner.

Popcorn, no. Peanut butter or Vegemite toast? Definitely.

I love a bowl of lightly seasoned popcorn in the evening! lots of fiber... right?

Popcorn reminds me of the poverty I endured as a child. Sometimes, we were so poor, all I got to eat was a handful of popcorn. I can't stand the stuff. I can't stand salt pork either!

More than once, I've made a dinner of air-popped plain popcorn, and dip the kernels in hummus as I eat it. Yum !

It’s my go-to when I’m out of food or being lazy

Popcorn mixed with butter, cheese powder, and cayenne pepper. With a root beer to drink. Poor man's meal.

Buxx Level 7 July 3, 2019

Just call it dessert.

Actually popcorn is a healthy snack, as long as it's air popped and GMO free. You don't want to eat that Frankenfood from Monsanto. Ugh

@TheoryNumber3

Air popped with no butter.

@LiterateHiker WTG... now see if you can find one that's Non GMO Verified.

I have had popcorn for dinner several times.

We generally don't get too excited about specific timing and production meals. We don't have any kids.
Also, I grew up as one of four brothers with a school_teacher/coach father. Dinner was often whatever, whenever, for whoever happened to wander through the house at any given time.
My mother fixed a lot of stuff that could stay warm in a pot and be dished onto a plate.

Especially since the invention of single-serving bags and microwaves, popcorn is a very convenient not too unhealthy vegetarian snack. If today happens to be a 3pm or 8pm dinner day, popcorn can fill in nicely.

BTW... Check out [popcorn.org] including the Facts & Fun section in the 'MENU' on the upper right 😋

Yep 🤪🤪🤪

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 July 3, 2019

Absolutely! Sometimes you just need that perfect salty crunch to round off a meal. Your homemade chicken vegetable soup sounds delish, by the way! And hey, sliding in a popcorn treat once in a while is a brilliant move – life's all about balance, right? By the way, if you ever want to jazz up your dinner routine or plan a fun event, check out sizzleyourevents.com. They've got some cool stuff to spice up your gatherings! Enjoy your popcorn and keep rocking that culinary adventure!

spmetimes I just pop the corn with a little salt - its enough to snack on for the evening

I really enjoy popcorn anytime,especially at the movies

I used to, now it would kill me. But, I have had cheesecake for dinner. Other great meals: cold Chinese food straight out of the carton; cookie dough; cashew butter and vanilla wafers. Not all together though, I’m not an animal. 😂

I don't like popcorn...it reminds me of packing peanuts...but, I know a lot of people eat it...and as you said, once in a while...good for you!

certainly some great ideas for non traditional popcorn recepies

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.