Agnostic.com

74 14

Ever found love and got into a relationship with someone they met on agnostic?

If so, was long distance involved and how did you overcome this? How long did the relationship last or has lasted to date?.... and anyone planning to get married to someone they met from here?

Hazydays 7 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've tried so far nothing has worked out. Some of that is on me. But , mostly it's been difficult.

46_2 Level 5 July 17, 2019

@Ms_McSteven that is correct

@Ms_McSteven idk how old you are but . I'm sure my moms older than you. Thanks I appreciate your response!! Not many tool fans on this site .

@Ms_McSteven I love Old school music. Even though Tool and Radiohead isn't lol But I love listening to all of them !

@Ms_McSteven yeah even though I grew up listening to metal. It wasn't a really popular choice both at my school and household. But nevertheless I don't regret any of it. One my favorite bands of all time is Soundgarden who happen to be the pioneers of whole grunge scene .

I didn't join to find ladies, although I wouldn't mind meeting them, but haven't in person yet.

I have not met anyone here. One person sent me here, and I sent one person here.

Not even close

No one really close enough to me, sadly.

Same here sadly

I would love to but it's hard here in Florida.

I used to live in Florida and had two affairs thanks to the Internet. It's hard to forget one woman who said she decided on me because of my picture.

"You," she explained, "where the only one with all your clothes on. You even had a hat."

The hat gets 'em every time.

Not a huge group of locals on here in my area and I'm not available for long distance complications so no not really. Plus I'm super socially awkward so I usually panic and ignore private messages so there's that..
I have heard of it happening.

MsAl Level 8 July 16, 2019

I should have written their names down but I recall three couples who got married thanks to this web site.

About everybody else keeps find the love lorn to far too far away to meet.

No. I'm still single

I know some had... and if they are happy... they no longer need this site... including across the pond... yep, US-England.

No, the women here are much too smart for such shenannigans.

'Fraid not. Good place to find like-minded individuals to just talk to, though.

I met a really great guy here. Sadly, it didn't work out. Have a lot in common and I miss him.

No, not so far BUT have found at least one very very good friend though, and IT IS definitely NOT the mythical Jeebus either.

I've found friends but no love really.

No, not yet.

Yes, but the restraining order makes it hard

I lost my mind after my divorce. I tried a meetup.com therapy session, but everyone there had more messed up situations than I did. So, I met somebody from this website in Vegas after A LOT of hours on the phone. It wouldn't have worked out even without the distance problems. It's pretty was easy to get a date for no charge on plentyoffish.com . I finally realized that I'm probably not ready for anything remotely serious at this time anyway.

I'm optimistic by nature, so you never know...but no.
I lost my significant other more than three years ago now (to illness), and didn't care at all about ANYTHING for about two and a half years, but recently have started making an effort.
Sure this is a great potential matchmaker site, so I've begun talking to women with that in mind, while enjoying some great conversations. I know I'm "strange" and not for everybody, but I've lots of good qualities too.
This is all new, so I've been:
evaluating my approach,
eliminating self-defeating thoughts and words,
pinpointing level of interest,
thinking positive.
I still see this primarily as a forum for discussion, information sharing, etc., but it might work in other ways.
The fog's lifted from the past, and frankly I'm ready for new adventures.
So no, not yet...maybe never. That's okay. I have a stoic attitude. As usual, I'll do my best and hope someone's listening.

P.S. I've been looking over my messages the last few months are perhaps I'm being disingenuous. I'm getting very little if ANY positive response. But no choice...I'll soldier on.

Not love but a few friends.

Ditto!

I have not met anyone from this site.

Best friend and roommate imported from New Jersey to Connecticut here.

Not what I was looking for - but suits me fine.

Wait....all you people are real? I thought you were all Internet bots placed here for my amusement. 😉

Distance is hard. And we have to work to make it happen. But I had not met anyone local that I liked anywhere near as much. And at my age I know how to value the good stuff, quality over quantity for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.