Agnostic.com

53 5

Are you superstitious?

OK----so you are a Non Believer, but are you superstitious?

Knock on wood etc.

alon 6 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like giving in to that primal fear that resides in all of us as much as the next lady. You know, the one that tells you not to get out of bed at 3:00am when you hear that suspicious noise? However, logically, I know that this fear is a base emotion that doesn’t really hold up under examination. Still fun to turn off the lights and watch a scary movie or go on a haunted history tour every once in a while, though.

Leeshi Level 7 July 18, 2019

I mean, worse case with the 3am noise, you get out of going to work. Always a silver lining

@Charles7600 Good point. Where are those damn ghosts when I need them?! text to boss “I’m calling out possessed. This entity needs some sun.” Tomorrow would be a perfect beach day!

No. Except for fun.

Edu_0 Level 4 July 18, 2019

Not really. Only sometimes for fun I guess.

No.

Nope. None of it. Or ghost, goblins or things that go bump in the night.

No but I do know many superstitions thanks to my granny.

Yes, as the commercial says, it's only stupid if it doesnt work 😉

lerlo Level 8 July 18, 2019

Not at all.

Maybe a little. I wear a chain around my neck with items belonging to my late parents. If I forget to put it on when l go out I do feel a little uncomfortable about it, like it's unlucky or something.

No one has posted this reply yet?
[vlipsy.com]

I just did, hahaha

No

bobwjr Level 10 July 18, 2019

Nope

Not at all. I do not need mystical explanations to determine my past or future. I am a rationalist.
Nice ending, haha.

Ah superstitions, got to love them. I'm not superstitious in any way but I do find it quietly amusing to see the antics of those who are.
For example, people who will deliberately reverse direction and walk as far as possible away from a black cat either crossing their path or just standing/sitting/laying on the ground ahead of them, or, another example is that of a person, whom I used to know quite well as a friend, who simply refused, adamantly, to leave his house or do anything at all outside the house on Friday the Thirteenth " just in case bad luck/misfortune should befall him."

Only of this post. 😉

Sometimes. Life doesn't always make sense, and sometimes the sheer volume of malicious stupid happening at once makes me unwilling to claim all of my reactions are rational.

As little as possible.

No.

Yup

No, superstitions are outdated ideas in many cases and irrational behaviors in most others.

JimG Level 8 July 18, 2019

No.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.