Agnostic.com

41 16

LINK 'In God We Trust' Signs Go Up In South Dakota Public Schools, As Required By Law : NPR

From the story:

Earlier this summer, a group of students from Stevens High School in Rapid City approached the school board and suggested alternating God with Buddha, Yahweh and Allah on the signs — along with other terms such as "Science" or simply, "Ourselves" — in an effort to be more inclusive.

The kids at least get it more than the adults (trying to be inclusive)... This will prompt a lawsuit.

Whenever I see stuff like this I wonder how do hypocritical Christians righteously still clutch their pearls and cry about being attacked for their beliefs...

DGJ0114 7 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow. I was thinking it would at least be a little brass plaque.

This is full blast overwhelming OBEY!!!!

I read on Facebook that Kentucky schools will be doing the same thing

"...hypocritical [SIC, "hypercritical" ] Christians righteously..." "The word you want is "hypercritical", not "hypocritical" Sorry...am a retired school teacher. 🙂

i found a great Q to ask proponents of these, "Who is 'we'?"

I do not believe in a god, but accept the concept has a useful role in society....
'God' as in a group of men back in around ad400 put together a book collection that gives general guidance on what to do and more often, what not to do (killing people, stealing, fucking neighbours wife, etc) - these are a reasonable basis for social living - and backed up by the mystical post mortem hell ensures most people adhere to the programme..... I am uncertain of what society could install to take over that role - a general idea of being moral and ethical does not appear to be a powerful enough driver to ensure compliance - and we have all seen how low social norms can fall, yet still be accepted.

The same "God" also instructed the mass murder and enslaving of neighboring tribes, i.e. genocide. Is this a suitable model for the 21st Century given our access to nuclear weapons and firearms? It was bad enough with bronze spears.

@Paul4747 I am totally convinced the world would be a better place with 5 or 6 billion fewer humans living on it - so yeeeeaaaahhh bring it on - but something like ebola is far more likely to eradicate the human plague

@Duchess_Nyx I think you mean peoples common sense - do not underestimate just how simple minded and sheeplike many people are - particularly with an education system that teaches conformity rather than independent rational thought

Just terrible.

Who'z we? They never say who is "we".

This has no place in public schools or govt at any level, must be fought against!

This is just a last blast , a dying breath of religion. The states that are more rural tend to cling harder. No worries though. In 20 years as the boomers reach their twilight years more of gen x and millennial sensibilities will emerge as the dominant way of thinking. 🤔

At the least, who ever is forcing kids to see this shit needs locked up for child abuse, but my personal preference is an execution to maybe help the other assbackward idiots to rethink things before they try to force feed kids total ignorance.

They also want to teach religion. The separation of Church and State needs to be explained and enforced.

Christians are such a pain in the ass

It’s in your money right. America land of the free does not really exist- Sympathies.

It will never make it to the courts.

It's just as well they did not say "In our President we trust", now, that would be ridiculous!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:379270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.