Agnostic.com

40 2

How old is your avatar/profile picture?

My picture is a couple of years old but there is a recent (late last year) picture on my profile. I kinda get the feeling that people, in general and not only on here, post flattering photos of themselves which might be how they would like to see themselves rather than an accurate image of how they look now.

Is this vanity or a desire to project the way you see yourself?

El-loco 7 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Three years old....both pics

I guess my picture is a little old. I don’t know if you can see it, but that’s the dinosaur I rode in on sitting behind me.

My avatar is about a week old? Whenever I joined the site because I took a selfie that night and used it. There are no flattering pictures of me in existence, I just don't photograph well, so I took one of me in my pajamas and messy hair and said to hell with it.

If someone dislikes how I look, it's not my problem. I look like I do and I wouldn't change anything about myself.

Edit: Wow, I joined on Feb 28th. So it's been about two weeks then!

I wish I looked that good with messy hair in pyjamas!

@Jnei Whoa, My blood pressure woman. Messy hair in pyjamas.

About a year old. Total vanity, I had even just had my horns did. Sexy beast on fire.

Indeed!

Mine is from February 11th of this year, taken the night I went to go see Loving Vincent, the hand painted animated film about van Gogh's final weeks.

I used to have really pretty, long wavy hair but got tired of people on OKcupid only commenting how beautiful/sexy/pretty I looked and never commented on any of my interests. It got super old and stupid that I chopped my hair and put this one up.

Now no one talks to me there at all.

Mine was taken March 1st, so just over 2 weeks ago now, on a vacation to Disney Aulani on Oahu with my grandchildren.

Most of mine are in the last year. If @Admin adds an ability to caption photos, I would specify when... 🙂

My profile picture is about 2 weeks old. I was bored at work lol

Mine was taken last summer. I also have a more recent pic in my profile. I am not very photogenic and / or attractive; so I don't take selfies often.

JimG Level 8 Mar 17, 2018

I take horrible selfies. My phone is just a teeny bit too big to hold with one hand and take the pic with my thumb. The concentration it takes to get that selfie results in an angry looking frown

3-4 weeks. The one on my profile is from last summer

A couple months.

About 6 months

May 2017

Like...2 months old? I took it a few days before getting a cut so it's much shorter and "neat" now. For me it's not some vanity thing, it's just how I normally look and how I prefer once my hair grows out a bit more. I am a bit pickey about photos, but it's primarily because I get rather anal about lighting.

About two weeks ago. Lol!

Mine is from December of 2017. I don't get many pictures taken of me, and I hate selfies.

Between 9 - 10 months ago. I was just thinking the other day I should probably refresh these.

5 months

Well if mine is me and my most recent ex, it would be 15 years old at least.

I don't believe any of you.

Let's have a really BAD picture of you. (You've seen mine already).

How about me as a guy? Spaghetti strap tank top and all...lol...I look like my nephew

Ok.

Maybe 10 years. Here is a current one of the 250 lb. gorilla with white hair. I no longer color my hair. Click on the pic to see me.

The one I'm using at the time of writing? 167 years old 😉

Jnei Level 8 Mar 17, 2018

Another vampire then. Don't you feel, when you need a 'friend' at the bloodbank who behaves in such a condescending way, that things were much better in the 18th century?

@El-loco I'm not quite sure what it is you find condescending.

@Jnei You watched Moonlight?

@El-loco Nope. Never even heard of it, in fact! This? [en.wikipedia.org]

@El-loco yup!

Less than a week old.

KarlM Level 3 Apr 8, 2018

I hadn't tried any selfies til .. late Feb, this year, '18. The photos posted here are from this late Feb, early Mar time frame. (many didn't make the grade lol)
In the interest of clarify and honesty, there are small wrinkles, uneven pigments, and stuff disguised by some make-up.
Humans are funny critters, aren't we?

Just over a year. I don't get to jump off boats every day.

Six years old.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.