Agnostic.com

40 2

How old is your avatar/profile picture?

My picture is a couple of years old but there is a recent (late last year) picture on my profile. I kinda get the feeling that people, in general and not only on here, post flattering photos of themselves which might be how they would like to see themselves rather than an accurate image of how they look now.

Is this vanity or a desire to project the way you see yourself?

El-loco 7 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

a few weeks ago, taken at a session i organise

a few weeks ago, taken at a session i organise

Was gonna upload a "right now" pic. But I can't subject.you to that.

Lisa came round this morning and brought me some dinner. I phoned to say thanks. Say what you will about her - she can cook.

Mine is about a year old. Still look the same.

Main one is a month old. Other 2 a week. Will admit both times I waited til having above average day (well rested, no puffiness), took multiple shots to get best one, and cropped to produce most flattering result. Hell yeah it's vanity.

My photo is a little over a year old and untouched however my collie insisted that I photoshop her in the photo.

Three months old

Meli Level 2 Mar 18, 2018

Three years old....both pics

August 2017. Need to have someone take current one. I agree-some members use older photos-including site members I have met or spoken with.

Yup I agree that most people will post a pic that is not always true. I myself like to use my most unflattering pics so that the surprises are pleasant LOL

My current pic is about a year old and do not know if I have one more current that doesnt include other people.

Mine is a detail from a photo taken in 2016, to get the file small enough.

Two or three years

BillF Level 7 Mar 17, 2018

Mine is Christmas 2016, sailing in the San Diego harbor.

Wayy old

Also, many of your avatars are very creative. I'm impressed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.