Agnostic.com

23 6

"Help! I can't stand my boyfriend's long, gross beard."

Agreed. Long beards are repulsive.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Accept people as they are and want/choose to be or move on.

What I can't understand is not washing/conditioning/combing it. If I'm doing my hair, why wouldn't I do my beard at the same time? And not trimming your moustache? It gets in the way, why make your life harder?

Annoy him further by placing small items in his beard such as pencils and paperclips or small toy birds and insects

Deal with it or drop him. I've had some sort of beard most of my adult life. Mostly I have kept it trimmed (usually a goatee), and always I keep it clean. I'm upfront in any relationship - the beard stays, it will be clean, and I will take suggestions as to making it full, etc. The last time I had no facial hair - my daughter was two and had been upset because her upper lip was different from her 2 brothers and mother. She inherited my little clef thingie. Seeing and touching that was all she needed.

@Beowulfsfriend

What is a "cleft thingy"? Cleft lip?

@LiterateHiker no, the normal but accentuated middle of the upper lip between the nose. Called a philtrum. Lots of people have it, some don't. It is normal, I just didn't know how to say it.

@Beowulfsfriend It's often missing in folks with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Oh yuk. No beards please, only on someone els boyfriend/husband/wife/girlfirend.

Wait until he falls asleep and drizzle some syrup into it. Bit by bit it will get him annoyed that he will likely reduce its abundance of shave it off.
Just a little bit mind, he's got to think he got in there.

Tell him or drop him, be honest, as you going to live with it?

If you find beards repulsive, you should put that in your profile.. save everybody time.

@hippydog

No, I'm not putting it in my profile. My ex-husband had a short, well-groomed beard.

It's long beards that I find repulsive. Ugh.

Read the article. A woman wrote in to an advice column, saying, "Help! I can't stand my boyfriend's long, gross beard!"

@LiterateHiker whats the line where you start to go .. not attractive? How many inches?

@hippydog

Don't need a ruler to tell when it's repulsive.

A lady knows when she's turned off.

@LiterateHiker give me your best estimate on almost repulsed then?

@hippydog

White beards are extremely aging. I prefer a clean-shaven man.

@hippydog

A man's beard should be neat, trimmed and show his jawline. That's my rule of thumb.

@LiterateHiker "show his jawline."
I call those beards that havent grown in yet.
😜😉

I’ve worn a beard or goatee for 35 years now on varying lengths and styles always changing it. For any prospective girlfriends my facial hair is part and parcel part of the deal, just like my pups are non-negotiable 😈

You look great with facial hair.

@Carin thank you ☺️☺️☺️

This guy sounds like a duck dynasty fan. Beards are awesome, I take pretty good care of mine and keep it short though. A lot of guys myself included definitely look better with than without, but some need it as a masculinity mask and turn it into a new metric for dick/truck measuring contests. If your masculinity is so fragile you’re worried that hygiene will make people see you as a hipster you don’t need a beard, you need a pacifier and a security blanket.

Indeed-and there is ALOT of it out there!!!

I feel the same way about my beard as I do about my . If you don't like it there's the door.

I'm not averse to a clean beard, even a long one. However, dirty beards are sickening; I recommend applying a few drops if Immac/Veet/Neet or similar hair removal cream each night while he sleeps. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Aug 15, 2019

Yeah, that is assault.

@Canyonrunner And that is lack of a sense of humour.

Yeah, jokes about assault are funny. Where is the line?

@Canyonrunner When they're blatantly ridiculous?

@Jnei aI also don't like rape jokes, even the blatantly ridiculous. I also dislike blatantly ridiculous racist jokes, blatantly ridiculous sexist jokes, amongst others.

@Canyonrunner That's not assault. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

State the obvious; most men want the truth,which
would be sounder footing. Nice touch with the
nair....

Suggest that he wash it every time he showers.

Carin Level 8 Aug 15, 2019

Too gross for me too even think about...sorry either the beard would have to go or I would.

Odd that beards might seem gross to some people. I love them!

@Carin A short, well kept one I could like okay, but not the unkept, unhygienic one described above in the link.

Good luck in getting an awaking out of him

A variant of the story of Samson and Delilah comes to mind but that would not be a good outcome.

I've had a goatee for decades because it works for me. Despite this, if I were with a woman who hated facial hair, I'd have no issue losing it. I can't imagine that would ever happen though since it looks so nice on me as evidenced in my profile pics.

But that's just a goatee. It's small and subtle. Long, bushy beards just look ridiculous on anyone.

Except Santa. His works.

Keep mine short tell him too big for mustache ride lol

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 15, 2019

Word.

As Edward Lear wrote:-
[poetryfoundation.org]

It didnt magiclly appear , did it. Personal prefrence stated
is going to get results or not. My brother grew one for
hunting season,,,it then disappeared for the rest of the year.

I've pulled the plug for less.
Gross me out, and I'll pull it sooner.

Yeah, his beard sounds pretty bad. I wonder if there isn’t something more (mental or emotional) going on, since he went from neat & clean, to dirty. He has no excuse for not maintaining a clean beard.
I’ve had facial hair for years; I trim it frequently (unless I’m trying to grow it out) and it gets washed at least once a day, then beard oil applied. The bread trimming might take 10 minutes; the wash & oil maybe 2 minutes

CS60 Level 7 Aug 15, 2019

...yep...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.