Agnostic.com

19 8

Do you ever have absurd late-night worries?

Last night, I woke up fretting about the needle cushion for my daughter Claire. Have been focusing intently on buying her sewing supplies.

"It's like a prickly porcupine," I thought sleepily. "I'll have to make her a small, round, soft cushion like mine."

In Claire's colorful cushion, I had inserted needles from different directions.

Woke up this morning and laughed. All I had to do was change the direction of the needles.

Too funny!

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although thoughts may wake me up ( I had a Great one about 3:30 this morning) absurd worries don't keep me awake. Real worries about work/ jobs, or even a relationship, may bother me. But nothing inane that might drive me insane, or cause me to change lanes, or force a re-arrange, of my aeroplane, that is in flight, so I can rest ....at night.

twill Level 7 Sep 6, 2019

Of all the problems I struggle with, late-night worries are NOT among them.

Yeah comes with age

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 31, 2019

Sure does!!!

Yes ,anxiety in all its forms gets worse with age.

I have this fear of a deranged person sewing me to my bedsheets.
Its called sewaphobia.

Yes. The 3:00 am, "I've forgotten something that will cost the company a million or two in revenue." Then at 6 I wake up at and it's "meh."

i seldom get a good night's sleep. last night was a little worse than usual. got to bed around 11 pm. read for 20 mins or so & fell asleep. was wide awake at 3.30. read for close to an hr but never really got back to a deep sleep. finally got up around 8.30. another groggy day. but golfed 9 holes & had a fair round. home around 2 pm, read for a while & then dozed a little.
i have prescriptions for zopiclone & diazapam. was taking a mild sleep aid for a while but it caused stuffiness in my nose. i have dark thoughts when awake in the middle of the night.
one of the curses of old age is the inability to get a good nights sleep.

I use two 5 mg Melatonin tablets for nights I don't sleep well,but get very groggy in the morning.

@Mike1947 ,
tried melatonin many years ago & didn't find any real improvement with it. it's my understanding that it should be taken hours before bedtime.

I have absurd daylight worries, I like to keep my evenings free.

Yup. Usually the onset is right after falling asleep. Once it starts I cannot shake it and i cannot get back to sleep.

It happened to me really badly a few years ago when I was doing conservation education programs with our raptors in an out of state situation. I began to worry that somehow I did not do everything necessary to fulfill EVERY single state and federal regulation and that somehow I would be arrested, have the hawk, owls, and falcon confiscated, and lose my Federal permits. Here I am having a full blown event in the middle of the night in a motel room! It got so bad I had to get up, turn on all the lights and go through the paperwork I carry. Then I took a sheet of paper and wrote down the list of applicable Federal and state regs for both states I was travelling in. Even then, with all the evidence that I was doing things by the book, I was uneasy. Nothing left to do but brew a little motel room pot of coffee and prep morning meals for the birds.

I start anxiety meditation in two weeks, to cope with mine......

good luck.

I do the opposite. Whilst I sleep, solutions materialise. However, if I don't wake up and write them down, I risk losing them.

yes i have had many solutions materialize ,and some profound ideas

@RoyMillar Many of my best designs were formulated whilst my mind was relaxed. Hence, they were born in bed or on the toilet!

@Petter

I often wake up with the solution to problems. That's what I did this morning.

@LiterateHiker .... as long as you don't wake up with a problem beside you in the bed!!! 🤣🤣

The mind does play funny tricks on us while we are sleeping for sure as it sorts the days activity,s out . running imaginary scearios ,even bringing solutions to our problems or concerns and at other times keeps you awake all night wondering why 2 plus 2 = 4 lol

Motherhood is a Never Ending Task.

I WISH I just had worries like that!

You were right - absurd to worry over it

i worry a lot but unfortunately about big ol' problems i can't easily solve but must. once in a while if i've been listening to the id channel too long i worry about what i would do if the house caught fire or someone broke in or i was in an active shooter situation, but then i sort of slap myself and move on.

g

I have a degree of anxiety that I live with and I think of things as I'm in bed. Sometimes I get a good answer. Maybe you have some anxiety too.

No, see the quote from toolguy and Alfred E. Neuman.😉 Glad you got it fixed! 👍😁

This is one of the advantages of insomnia.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:395833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.