Agnostic.com

26 1

Drop the Old testament?

Do you think Christianity would be better off if they dropped the Old Testament. Jesus was born a Jew, but I guess he was a Christian, too. The God of the Old Testament was horrible and murdered millions of people. Select A. for drop it or B. for keep it. No need to discuss that there should not be any Christians. I know we are all agnostic already.

• 17 votes
  • 14 votes
Grecio 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I realize that this question does not seem like a good question for Agnostics, but it is interesting, at least to me. maybe if the OT was dropped, the Christians could drop the creation myth and all that Noah, and Jonah in the whale rubbish.

Plus, if you dropped it youd probably triple the number of factions within christianity. Which might weaken its power...so that would be good for us.

@Nakedterror three times 10,000 would be a large increase, I think.

No original sin no need to nail Jesus to anything.

To be a Christian you need to also believe that judiesm is true.

they would not do so. they'd just get more deeply entrenched in the jesus was god's son but he's god, but he's also his own son but he died for our sins so he died on purpose but the jews murdered him, wait the romans murdered him, but he died on purpose, but god can't die, but but but but. i don't see an improvement happening.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:403434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.