Agnostic.com

34 8

What happened to all the FUNNY movies? They seemed to fizzle out in the 80's or 90's. Some of my favs were Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, My Cousin Vinny, Young Frankenstein, Throw Mama From the Train, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Blazing Saddles and The Bird Cage. I'm sure I missed some, but "funny" movies just aren't funny any more.

DarwinistOne 7 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would guess that your sense of humor perhaps hasn't changed since then? I've seen plenty of movies I think are hilarious; to me, anyway.

Most movies now are action/comic book crap that I have no interest watching. I miss rom coms too.

I just watched the new Jumanji. That was funny as hell

Good question. The last comedies I recorded into my cable box are those you actually mentioned. And City Slickers. And Groundhog Day. And ... many more classics.

I have enjoyed the recent action/comedies of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, though.They call it the Cornetto Trilogy: Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. These are certainly different to the classics.

Some recent American comedies that I found actually funny were: Tropic Thunder, The Interview, This is The End. Definitely more crude than Blazing Saddles and The Bird Cage, etc. But weren't Blazing Saddles and The Bird Cage also relatively more pointed than others of the time and previously?

My guilty pleasure is Superbad. Didn't think I'd like it, but I was falling over in my seat laughing.

If I want funny, lately, which I often don't, I'll watch kid movies. Sometimes they are really good. Or maybe I'm just a big kid. I love Lego Batman. I like the Hotel Transylvania movies and Despicable Me.

Some movies made me laugh really hard. The 40 Year Old Virgin. Anchorman (just the first one). Meet the Millers. But they are a bit...low brow.

No shit. I, Tonya is supposed to be a comedy. What's funny about that story? Nothing. There are a few funny movies that come, but they are few and far between. The last good comedy movie I watched was Sausage Party.

I can't watch any movie without laughing all through it due to the rediculous, urealistic scenes and story lines.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.