Agnostic.com

27 6

What are your goals in life?

My goal is to graduate college, get off the Medicaid/disability income, quit my job, get my career, get an apartment, and live a happy life. What are your goals in life?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To die quietly and painlessly in my sleep with cameras on so there will be no question about deathbed conversion bullshit.

As everyone should have the right to die

That is a good goal.

Been there and done all that. 18 months till retirement, then off around this small planet to explore some more, make a global nuisance of myself, and maybe write the un-American novel that is gestating inside of me...

Good goals

That is a good goal.

I am counting down to when I can sail the world.

T- 4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes...

Take me with....

I have an app on my phone that is giving me the number of days until I can retire. 2360 days today.

Well now... Some of us want to go too.

@HippieChick58 me too!

I just have mine set to break them down...

My current goals are to get more active to become stronger. Decrease my meds. Possibly reenter the workforce and meet someone special I can grow old with.

I like that. You should try a gym membership.

@Sarahroo29 right now my gym is physical therapy. Maybe later on after I heal up some more

@ashortbeauty Okay.

mainly to sell my art for loads of money to help wildlife of some kind.

NICE!!

thank you

Wow, that looks good!

thank you Sarah

My goals: stay employed until I can retire. Finish the quilt before the baby is born. Not saying the F word when I'm on the phone and stop saying it at work. Get rid of my excess accumulation of stuff and fluff before I die so the kids don't have to do it.

The "F word" is one of the most versatile words in the English Language and falls into different grammatical categories.

@ASTRALMAX Yeah, and as I'm in a fairly open office, if I drop the F bomb I will be meeting with my manager for "coaching." I have a 15 month old granddaughter, I'm trying not to say anything that I don't want her to repeat. If I stop driving in rush hour traffic and stop talking to people it would be a whole lot easier to clean up my vocabulary.

@astralmax awe f!

I rarely talk on the phone.

Climb Everest, pilot a helicopter, Attend a rocket launch, Sail around the world, Be abducted by a tribe of Amazon women. I know a pipe dream, I will have to settle for being as pain-free as possible and guiding my children into a life of live long and prosper.

Pain free as possible...right there with ya on that one

I would die from the cold on Mount Everest.

My goal is to live a happy, healthy, stress free life. I never cared about working myself to death to leave money for my kids, they can make their own damn money and NOBODY ever left anything to me and I'm still happy. Being happy is mostly a state of mind. I've seen documentaries of people in third world countries happy and smiling, because they don't have anything to compare their happiness to. You don't miss what you don't have if you don't know what it is.

I agree. If I don't have it and don't know about it, then I don't miss it.

well like everyone else, become independently wealthy. Not close to it and time is running out.

Would be nice though, right?!?

absolutely

Play 1 Powerball ticket?

Money pays the bills but does not make one happy...maybe peace of mind. Just look at the wealthy actors who are miserable. You make you happy.

@Sarahroo29 I rarely ever do lotteries even though it only costs 2 dollars. The odds of winning are insurmountable. 1:200 million +. Almost false hope.

@lbusche Yep.

I'm not especially ambitious, so I'm limiting myself to total equality for women/homosexuals/transgender people/the disabled/all races; the end of capitalism; the complete annihilation of fascism; an end to poverty; the abolition of nations; clean water, sufficient food and free-at-the-point-of-use healthcare for all; free cradle-to-grave education for all; universal basic income for all; an end to war; an end to all human activity that causes global warming and/or pollution; and end to all forms of cruelty; significantly more funding for welfare, medicine and science and a new kind of socks which prevents one from each pair disappearing.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

Cool.

@jnei: Is that all? I solved the socks issue by just wearing slippers everywhere I go.

@ailurophile Genius!

@Jnei Thank you. It's about time someone recognized that about me.

Make enough money in a career I love so I can take frequent vacations.

Cool.

To be the best person I can be, positively effect the lives of everyone in my life, and be happy with who I am.

I've met those goals. I continually strive to improve myself.

Good job.

Thank you. Life is good.

Live well, eat good and die quickly when I am not looking.

Lol.

Thursday! If that works out my next goal will be Friday. If that happens my next goal will.....

Baby steps.

Good luck with all that. My goals are already set in motion, time is key in all things, keep your head up!

Cool.

My goals are simple, to hopefully leave a few quid for my girls and have a bank balance of zero so there's no burden for anybody else 🙂

What is quid?

@Sarahroo29 Yeah sorry, bit of UK slang. It's a term used for money so £10 (Ten pounds) could be called 10 quid. £2 is a couple o' quid and £1 is a quid. 🙂

@ipdg77 Oh, okay. Cool.

To build an underground fortress that is self sufficient and can house a small city worth of people.

Cool.

Some what ironically quite similar.

I am retaking exams, over this and next summer, and once I have passed them I will be looking for a career as a paralegal

Sweet! Good job.

To wake up tomorrow

I'm awake.

At this stage - just to try to steadily become a better 'me' as I move more deeply into my 50s.

I'm not far behind you in age. I'm 30.

@Sarahroo29 - Ha! Youngster! 😀

At this point my goals are simply to just get well enough to keep going, and then if that's accomplished go to school for radiology

To be able to communicate my thoughts clearly, and to have them last long after my own life ends.

And to me, anything that interferes with that, even temporarily, is a bad thing. So no drugs, very little drinking.

Good luck.

make millions and die after i spend the last dollar

Nice.

Live it.
And then die.

Yep.

To live.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41098
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.