Agnostic.com

41 2

What are the best TV series/shows you ever watched or are currently watching?

Feel free to list multiple if you can't decide. Netflix/Amazon/Hulu shows included.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favorite current show is Lucifer. It's mindless humor and not very well written and it's just a reworking of the TV show "Castle", but I still look forward to watching it. As far as my favorite TV show of all time, the one that had me most excited was a tie between "H.R Puffnstuff" and "Sigmund & The Seamonsters" back when I was five. I realize now Puffnstuuf was a play on words for getting stoned and writting a script, but it worked for me when I was five. I watched a YouTube video of these shows and I thought to myself now, What? Why did I use to love to watch this? Really? What was I thinking? It goes to show me just how different I am from the person I was as a child.

Wow! That's a loaded question. They recently cancelled my favorite show, Major Crimes. At least American Horror Story is still on for another season (though it's hit and miss). I'm really enjoying Disjointed on Netflix. As far as other series, there have been so many over the years. The Avengers, Buffy, Angel, Golden Girls, Will & Grace, Moonlighting, Upstairs, Downstairs, That Mitchell and Webb Look, QI, Dynasty (I admit it), Strangers With Candy, Queer as Folk, just to name a very few. Then there have been tv "events" that have approached art. The best being Angels In America. But there were some others: Roots, The Prisoner, Elizabeth R (I miss the days of the classic miniseries, but it may be coming back). I just have to add that I also like tons of shows on Investigation Discovery and Food Network, but I guess those are more genre obsessions. Good question.

For thrills, chills, and thought... BLACK MIRROR! For laughs, I.T. CROWD!I

You’re goddamn right.

I like many shows.
The Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, Person of Interest, Lost, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Anything ID Discovery or forensic, Westworld, and more.
Into older TV shows I love Have Gun, Will Travel and Wanted Dead or Alive. I've always been a western TV buff and sci fi fan of many types.

My favorite TV series of all times, The Prisoner. Currently watching on 'Jessica Jones' on Netflix.

I find TV often boring. Too many sitcoms which I can't stand. There was "Game of Thrones" .. "Vikings" the ladder became too violent and after 'Ragnar' the main character really, was laid to rest in a snake pit .. I had it. Much prior to all this, I loved Battleship Galactica and Star Trek, of course ... being a Gemini, air sign, these outlandish fictions fueled my imagination. Now I am mosty on NETFLIX .. Twice I watched "Kurt Seyit ve Şura" a Turkish film with many episodes, very captivating, emotional and just beautiful taking place during the Russian revolution St. Petersburg to the Crimea, a one time Ottoman empire but annexed by Catherine II, to Istanbul and the life of the Russian refugies .. a political love story .. beautiful, protrait by beautiful people and superb acting. I watched "The Crown' a well executed portrayal of Queen Elisabeth II. Well, LONGMIRE was inspiring me to see it 3 times from the beginning to the last episode. I still go back and see a few episodes her and there. The best Western "Cowboys and Indians' I have seen. The interaction of modern day Native Americans (Cheyenne in this case} and the descendants of white Europeans that setteld in their land, was tense, but often affectionate. Great acting by Robert Taylor, the Sheriff Walt Langmire.

The Americans
Homeland
Shameless
Weeds
Sopranos

"Dr. Who", "Torchwood", and "The Big Bang Theory" are definitely my top 3. Of course, I'm also stoked "Roseanne" is coming back on and that "Will and Grace" already has. I'm also an "Ancient Aliens" fanatic having watched all of them and bought/read the books by 90% of the people they interview for commentary.

I totally loved "SMASH"...but only because I'm a huge Broadway fan and can often be found singing random show tunes....

...and I've probably seen every episode of MASH at least 5 times.

All time Favorite: Fringe
Others: How I met your Mother...Legen.....wait for it....Dary, Legendary; Sienfeld; Travellers; That 70's Show (except final season); MASH, Big Bang Theory and Bones to name a few.

My favorite has always been "Seinfeld." It is a show about nothing...but it is always funny.

Here's a couple nobody seems to have mentioned: older show: 'Men In Trees'; current sitcom: 'Mom' (on CBS).

Office, Friends, Dexter, 13 Reasons Why, Santa Clarita Diet, Stranger Things, SVU, The Good Doctor, Breaking Bad, Ghosted.

so many responses for this, it has to be X FILES for me

Seinfeld will remain the touch stone for me. Larry David is brilliant tho I can not stand to watch him shuffle around. The show always addressed edgy topics in a most obtuse manner. Also insignificant situations that effect us all. Elaine finds out Putty is a Jesus Freak. Laughing right this moment.
Most shows that entertained me are so often cancelled. This is because I am the antithisis of mainstream interests. I do prefer knowlege to entertainment but I tend towards Canada & the BBC & of course PBS.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.