Agnostic.com

93 11

Would you ever date somebody who is religious, if they respected your beliefs and did not try to sway your decisions?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

93 comments (76 - 93)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well these days I guess I'll pretty much date anyone who will have me...

I have been happily married to such a person for 24 years. We simply respect each other's right to believe as we choose.

Not anymore.

Of course

I think a lot of times people who identify as "Christian" aren't really practicing Christians. They may go to church regularly but seem to do that to keep their bases covered. I'm not talking about those who are in-your-face types. I run from those. I'm talking about those who act like everybody else, were raised in the church but aren't eaten up by it. They drink, smoke, cuss, are sexually active, whatever. You may be able get along with those types. Not Pentecostals or Jehovah's Witnesses and those types. No way.

I have, but I try not to.

Sure, if everything else was spot on. Why not. A date is a date, it's not a comment.

Dating - no. Religious people don't have the intelligence necessary for me to spend my time with them.

zesty Level 7 Oct 28, 2019

@Thomasmk Sure. This is why I don't date religious guys or girls.

I actually would and have.

I actually would.

I've been dating a catholic woman for almost 2 years. So far so good.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 28, 2019

I married one but he wasn't really religious. No impact on why we divorced.

Yes I would. I just need respect for my beliefs not agreement.

I am dating one. At first she tried to sway my decisions, but for much longer I was the instagstor.

I don't talk Religion... I don't discuss gods.

I’d be quite happy to go to their church, mosque, temple, whatever if I were invited but they would know quite early on that conversion is not my way because I am happy where I am.

Nope

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 28, 2019

Actually if they respect my belief then yes

Don’t see why not.

Um, because they're LYING.

@KKGator I know what you are saying but it doesn’t bother me at all, I’ve been in and out of religious ideas all my life so we wouldn’t be going anywhere I’ve not been before.

I am happy with my relationship with me so don’t need to bother with the rest. Its like do I eat chocolate or ice cream or neither.

A bit of variety seems to work for me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:419243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.