Agnostic.com

27 3

Would you try to overcome a categorical refusal?

If you were considering potential love interests, and found someone that caught your eye, (would you try / have you tried) to overcome their categorical refusal to date any agnostics/atheists?
Please elaborate...

GoodMan 7 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, if they don't want me as I am, then I don't want them.

marga Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

I agree.

I'm with the ladies on this one.

Why waste time and energy? Plenty of singles here.

Ok, I'll try that. I'd love to meet a single agnostic/atheist female.

Works the other way for me. Regardless of how strongly I might be attracted, I see no point in trying to generate a true personal, romantic relationship with someone who believes that God takes care of everything and that our purpose on Earth is to be his servant.. R

No, I would not. Their loss, not mine.

No means no

Nope. If it has come up at an early stage of the relationship, it's clearly a deal breaker for them, and you waste time and energy trying to make headway. When I see "God is important to me" in a tinder profile, I swipe left baby!

No! If they are not interested, that is that. The days of playing "hard to get" are over.

No, life is too short. A friend of mine use to say "I don't bark up a dead dog's a$$" What I have found is that the believer will spend a lot of time trying to show me the error of my ways. And that is time that I can never get back, so why waste it?

I might have to use that, "bark up a dead dog's ass."...lol

no, I would move on immediately.

I just cannot imagine "going after" someone with that many strikes against that person and I having a good relationship.

But then what I value, and what you value may be miles apart.

For ex, I treasure quiet, calm, anti-drama. Some folks enjoy heated discussions tho'.....

I think I understand your point, and I agree.

No. If their mind is that closed, I would not be interested in the first place.

No.

I've found that 'No' means just that, 🙂

No. They need to impress me, not the other way around.

Do you mean that NO that means YES? 🙂

Jagga Level 4 Mar 23, 2018

That's not what I mean...lol

NO!

NO.

No

No. If I get a refusal, case closed. I wouldn't be a pest.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Why? Wanting to date a religious person makes no sense.

Not a chance in hell. Not that the opportunity would ever arise, but that would seem to be a rather stupid thing to do.

In the past I would have should the phermones be that strong. Now as an elder I am wisened to the world ways. Phermones shmermones. I would pursue the zealot for reasons other than a traditional relationship. The zealot & the atheist might have whole universes of commonality other than a long term, monogomous, sexual relationship. There is a plethora of motives & raisone d' etre. Posterity is discovering this as we celebrate diversity & flexability. Conservatives wish to keep things as they are. Progressives see things that are not & seek remediation.

I don't want to be with somebody that doesn't want to be with me.

I cannot imagine such a scenario. If she is a believer and requires to be with another believer, then the whole thing is finished before it even starts. Sure, we could be friends - but a love interest who can't accept my world view? Deal breaker, right there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.