Agnostic.com

38 9

Board Games

What are your favorite board games and how often do you get to play them?

Donotbelieve 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I detest board games. We have to follow enough rules to follow as it is. I'd rather spend my time creating my own art rather than being sucked into some mindless, pre-arranged crap that someone else wants to sell me. Is that too blunt! No wonder I'm single, huh?🙂 But, here's something everyone ought to check out-Google 'Nazi Board Games' and see what you find. It'll turn your stomach. (personally I think 'Board' games have been mistitled. They should be called 'bored' games. They're so very predictable and boring. And I'll shut up, now🙂

I like to play Backgammon and Chess and Majhjong. A late and good friend was a game theorecitican and a chief design consult for the former Parker Bros. Another friend has designed a game and is seeking investors to bring it to the market. He expalined the rules of his new game and we played four games and to his amazement I won all four.

OK, I confess. I like an occasional venture into Mahjong. But don't tell anyone.

...and I got addicted to playing Yahtzee (spelling?) on the computer about 15 years ago. That lasted a few months and I broke up with it.

Gaming is a huge family pastime! Off the top: Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Really Bad Art, Telestrations, Catan, Ticket to Ride, Meme or Die, Apples to Apples, Gloom, Uno, Clue, Sorry, Parcheesi, Yahtzee, Trvial Pursuit, Science Trivia, Mexican Dominoes, Mastermind, Euchre, and numerous Solitaires

Zster Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

I enjoy Risk, Monopoly and Nightmare Chess. The latter is like a combonation of chess and Yugioh.

Twilight Imperium, I play it every couple of months because it's very big, and polarity which I play more than once per week.

Diplomacy is great.

Does cribbage count? My favorite is Balderdash. It's a game were you make up definitions of rare and unusual words to fool the other players. Lots of fun.

I play scrabble (mainly Words w/ Friends now), and Pursue the Pennant.

Pursue the Pennant is a baseball board game that I played with friends when I grew up in NY. Every visit up to NY, me and my friend set aside an entire day to nerd out.

I love to play chess. I play almost everyday on the internet.

Monopoly is still good but I haven't played it in over 5 years. I'm not much for board games, cards, games in general or on an app or a computer. I'm usually doing something else.
Every now and then I find somebody smiling and jabbing their thumbs at their phone in an excited way and I ask them what they are doing. "I'm playing a game" they say. Imagine that in a sci fi movie.

Solitaire when I am bored. Or, are you limiting the games to old style (e.g., Monopoly) board games? I'd choose Civilization, except it was not played on a real board. As a teenager, I played chess.

It's been ages since I played. Monopoly, Las Vegas were two favorites.

We do many, Dune seems the mosr popular.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.