Agnostic.com

13 4

"I ain't as good once was,
But I'm as good once, as I ever was."- Toby Keith

If you could relive your life over in part, or in it's entirety, would you? Explain.

I like Maya Angelou's answer that she would if she could keep all of her knowledge but not if she had to go back and relearn everything.

If I would still be assured that I would have my son, I might. So much life to live in this short time!

Archer 7 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being logically minded I know that the event that had shaped my personality would only replay and perhaps, watching them unfold again I could take a more deep look at the emotional perspective.

It's not possible and you don't know what dramatic change good or bad things you did or didn't do at any particular time in your life so no again.

No, because it was my ignorance that made me do all those fun things in the first place.
I can't even believe the stuff I did in 2016, and wonder how I had the nerve!

I do have one regret......there may have been a few parties that I missed........

jasen Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

I would travel more, be less concerned with my looks, be kinder, save money.

If I could go back and soften the hard edges of my interactions with strangers, friends, family, and lovers. I would be less certain about my opinions and more aware of the hearts and minds of the people in front of me. Wisdom today would be very useful in all my yesterdays.

Too creepy to go back in time.

The only thing I'd have done differently was to finish a degree much earlier in life. I would have felt empowered to leave my ex earlier. My kids tell me that our tension affected them a great deal and they wish we would have ended it sooner. I hung on because I did not feel prepared to take that step. Then I realized my ex also helped me to fell inadequate in many ways, too stupid to get a degree. But hindsite 20/20. I pushed my girls to get degrees, the oldest two did. The youngest staged a little rebellion and I hope it doesn't bite her in the ass.

I'd have never tried to listen to country music.

If I could relive my life I would have listened to less Toby Keith (sorry😟)

Me too. The phrase was fitting but I don't listen to it unless I have to.

Yes I would,, but only if I could retain the knowledge I have already gained to this point. There are things I would do differently for sure. I would start my bearded iris beds while still in school as a a future commercial venture so that by the time I graduated high school I could go right into business.

Yes I would,, but only if I could retain the knowledge I have already gained to this point. There are things I would do differently for sure. I would start my bearded iris beds while still in school as a a future commercial venture so that by the time I graduated high school I could go right into business.

I can't re-llive any part of my life , so I do not speculate on impossibilities.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.