Agnostic.com

30 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought I had see all of Randy's videos. This was a new one for me. <3

Sorry Chick-Fuk-U, you can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube. Obvious desperate PR stunt is obvious.

Agree. They now just fly under the radar, IMO.

There is plenty of good chicken out there, no reason to eat theirs...and they Started the hate groups, so the fact that they "no longer donate" because the groups are now self-supporting, sadly, means you should avoid this place forever!

Next step: Hire a team of Jews and Atheists to staff their restaurants on Sundays.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 18, 2019

LOL.

That would be amazing!

If they follow through, good. Focusing on feeding hungry people and helping
the homeless is something more corporations need to be doing. Not terribly excited about whatever they may mean by "education". They're still privately-owned, and
entrenched in christianity. We shall see how that manifests.

Personally, I think it's nothing more than acquiescing to public pressure, and a
desire to keep profits up.
Having to close their London location might have been the wake-up call their management didn't want, but had no choice but to acknowledge.
I also see this as possibly coming back to bite them with their religutard customers.
Although, as long as they stay closed on Sundays, it might keep them mollified.

I'll still not patronize that corporation.
I don't like their food, and I detest Dan Cathy.

This decision was definitely business-related. Chick-fil-a still doesn't have policies to protect their LGBTQ+ employees.

Money talks.
If they feel like their positions will result in lower profits, they'll change them.
Personally, I hope they go out of business.

I still won't patronize them. The same persons who made the decisions to donate to those groups are sill the owners and in charge.

I saw. Good, and yet, I'm not going back. Their damage and attitudes live on.

Don't trust those lying motherfuckers!

Can I add to your statement - lying, hypocritical motherfuckers.

Less fuckery is good but......

Oh, I know all about WinShape. Their headquarters is here in Rome, GA where I live.

Good start. Maybe a sign of a weakening of christian rebidism (my word). Still I won't be going there.

It's encouraging that protests may have an impact.

Trust but verify. I have my doubts.

Exactly.

Too little, too late.

Worried about losing customers they haven't changed

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 18, 2019

I forget, is this the second or third time they promised not to do that?

1of5 Level 8 Nov 18, 2019

They've tried this before. I see no reason to trust them this time.

But good for Popeye's for making them desperate enough to try it again.

Don’t know that I trust them!!!

We have the only Chic fil a restuarant in the UK in the small town of Aviemore near where I live since the one in London was closed after demonstrations by LGBTQ recently.
I don't think I will be giving them any custom though

There's actually one in Reading, Berkshire. That restaurant will be closing soon as well, probably due to demonstrations. It's in the Oracle shopping centre. There's only three items on the menu. Burgers, nuggets and the fries. Plus drinks too.

@Zealandia Didn't know that. An indication that newspaper stories are often inaccurate

And I don't contribute to Chik-fil-a. Haven't for 6+ years.

If they are being honest about this - and that's a pretty big "if;" then I'm glad the hate groups are getting less funding than they were. It does not make me feel any less hostile toward the corporation, though.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 19, 2019

I've always thought of Chick-Fil-A as a "south" thing, so imagine my surprise when one opened up in NYC early in 2018.

Even more surprising is that they have been super successful here. Go figure.

But they're not ruling it out completely... [vice.com]

I find this information hard to believe but as others have stated, I do not patronize them any way.

I don’t go there anyway. I have tried it years ago and don’t understand the cult following they have.

Same. I haven't eaten there since maybe 2010.

Me Neither...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:428271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.