Agnostic.com

42 4

Do you have a dating pattern?

Do you have a "type?" Have most of the people you've been with shared a common trait?

I dated a lot of "class clowns," most were creative types (minus my husband), and the majority were tall. Also, as I was a headstrong personality when I was younger, I tended towards more laid back people.

You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Loud, brash, funny bears. Toss in a brain and a smidgen of nerd and I'm smitten.

My dating history is too sparse to extrapolate patterns from.

Hahaha. This!

No established pattern due to lack of relevant data.

Yes they went with me I was serious with only two ladies and i married thesecond one 58 years ago and we are still going strong.

Intelligence and depth. That's my type. Those two things can overcome a lot with me.

I haven't done a lot of conventional dating. I was in a 10 year relationship (5 of which were married), then I met my second wife in an AOL chatroom (before online dating was a "thing" ), and that turned into a 20 year relationship. So now I find myself in the dating pool for the first time in a very long time. I am attracted to intelligent women with sarcastic senses of humor. My first wife didn't match that type which has more to do with me than with her. In my 20s, I wasn't thinking. No, really, just not. LOL!

@Akfishlady Yep!

Absolutely. I haven't dated in many years and do not anticipate the pattern changing.

In the past I have been attracted to guys with big personalities, having long hair, tall and slim, blue eyes, and work in the trades-physical hard work.

Most recently intelligence, political activism,anti-trump, agnostic/atheist, sexually active, loving animals and music and travel are most important to me now.

I have stopped falling in lust, I hope. I have found that giving her a real chance we grow a lot closer. Sadly, nothing has worked due to them not being able to accept that i don't believe in their gods.

Not any more but in my younger days indeed. I always had to pursue the one that everyone wanted but was afraid to approach, So I just paid attention to the ones that others spoke of.
If I wanted a short time relationship or one nighters I looked for the ones looking. Mainly superficial relationships. I never really pursued those I had a connection with because I didn't want to lose that. Sometimes I lost that because I didn't.

Yes, I go out with a woman and never hear from her again. One broke the pattern, and went out with me for a couple of months before she moved out of state.

JimG Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

What a coincidence that you should ask the above question, which, I once asked a friend. His reply: "If it has two arms two legs and a pulse that will do.".......

Women that think I'm not their type ....

Yeah. I don't...

About all I can say is that they were all female. That’s about the only quality they all share.

Far too many!

Yeah lunatics!

Yes...fkn losers

Hutch Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

I haven't been on a date since the late 90s....I don't know if I would know what to do in today's dating scene....

These days, my dating life is like my religious life. It doesn't exist.

I am attracted to women who are wicked smart, funny, open-minded and compassionate.

Now... whether or not they are attracted to me is a whole other story. 🙂

the creative type appeals to me; i just have to let go of the idea that there is anything cute about cowards.

I guess the closest thing I have to a type is strong,independent women..I'm a very independent fella..Ive got a job, my own place and a vehicle..I prefer a woman to be on the same footing.

Dating my current girlfriend for the past 22 years, but my old pattern was if they do not laugh easily and often goodbye.

It doesnt seem like it to me. I suppose theyve all been fairly smart. Not sexist. Heterosexual. Some sort of sense of humour that I enjoyed. Thats about all they shared xD

I like intelligent women who can carry on a good conversation. I've never liked bimbos at all, and I tend to like younger women these days but have had both. 38 to 55 is a good age range for me, but I've seen a lot of great women 65 plus. I have a FB girlfriend who is 54 and we talk 4 hours on the phone sometimes but I doubt anything serious will become of it. You never know.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.