Agnostic.com

21 4

Did anyone watch the season premier of Roseanne last night?

If so, what did you think?

TheInterlooper 7 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YES! I loved it. Stayed true to the original show yet relevant to today. Loved, loved, loved Jackie wearing the pussy hat! She was always my favorite. Although now I have a hard time seeing her as anyone but Sheldon Cooper's mom, lol.

@TheInterlooper oh sorry, got a little over excited. lol

I didn't watch her before, as I found her a not too bright and rather tastless person. Why should I watch her now.

I did. Thought it was great.
Hope it lasts. Loved the first go 'round. Still watch the reruns.
I really liked how they showed how their prescription costs were more than they could
afford. Jackie brought up a salient point about healthcare under 45.
Also thought it was appropriate that they addressed how so many working class
people supported 45 because he promised jobs. Yet ,Darlene is out of work, Becky works in a
restaurant, and is lying about her age because she wants to be a surrogate to make money to get out of debt. Interesting how DJ had been deployed in Syria. You never hear anything about
how our military is deployed there.
Roseanne Barr is not a stupid woman. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

@TheInterlooper No, not everyone. It just seems like it. Probably because he's just so reprehensible.

I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing that really bothered me was Roseanne's face lift. I don't think Roseanne Connor would have done that.

Someone pointed out that they are dealing with almost every social issue.

Adult kids returning. Mixed race marriage. Cross dressing. Surrogate motherhood. Health insurance.

Did they miss anything?

What happened to Crystal?

Disagreement over politics.

I loved Darlene's "weird is Wonderful" pep talk to her son.
Her daughter's character only seemed to flounce out of the room.
Maybe they will develop her character in a later episode.

She was Debbie on Shameless, a super show.

No I don't have commercial TV and when I did this was not something I watched. Anyway she is a big tRump supporter.

Not me. It was ho hum the first time around. I can't understand it when these kinds of shows try to remain relevant. Kinda like Star Wars. It should have gone away after the first 3 movie releases. Even The Big Bang Theory has turned to crap. It needs to end instead of withering on the vine. I predict the new Roseanne won't last long.

Dan back from the dead....

I turned it on, because I liked the original. But this time Roseanne kicked it off by praising Trump. I immediately cut it off.

i hope she finally got her riding vacuum cleaner

I was not a big fan of her first show, but she did address many human rights issues and should be applauded for that. I'll probabaly not watch this one either, but I understand she is trying to protray the Trump voter and explain why they voted for him. Solly for the spelling, but spell check doesn't seem to be working and I am dyslexic.

I watched it. Didn't feel like it lived up to its hype.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 28, 2018

That's what I thought. But I never watched the original series, so no frame of reference there.

I enjoyed the original series. But I was much younger then, so maybe my sense of humor has just matured a little.

I loved it, but it was a little bitter sweet. I haven't talked to my sister since the election, either.

i never saw the original, but I'm at my brothers house today and he had it on. Probably the worst show i ever saw! The laugh track was really obnoxious -- it just kicked in based on the rhythm of the lines, not whenever anything was funny!

A bit off topic, but thought I'd ask you this here while I'm still thinking about it. As an animation lover, by chance have you heard anything about this brony phenomenon, and if so what are your thoughts on it? Here's a link to the documentary-

@TheInterlooper I chat sometimes with this one guy over on Minds, and he identifies as a unicorn and a brony. He posts MLP Friendship Is Magic related stuff on his general Minds channel, and some of what he posted piqued my curiosity, and was interested in seeing firsthand what the clamor was about. One time asked him what the terms "Derpy Hooves" and "PonyBooru" meant, and how he responded kinda made me feel like I was way behind in the times, lol.

While in the beginning I was skeptical and considered the adult fascination over MLP was... questionable to say the least, after doing some more research and watching some episodes online I can somewhat understand the allure and don't pass judgment on the bronies and pegasisters. I reason that the world we currently live in is a twisted and harsh place with alot of ugliness and consistent arguing, and these people have more or less retreated into a fictional world of rainbows and peace in an effort to momentarily get away from said ugliness. In other words, not much different than any other fan base like Star Wars or Game Of Thrones, and most of us have at least one favorite fandom in which we closely follow. For me, aside from Star Wars, would be the Deus Ex universe. Have often wondered what the future holds technological wise, will augmentations as featured in the Deus Ex games become a reality some day soon and drastically improve living conditions, say, some sort of aug upgrades that would help diabetics like me live more normal lives? One thing that initially concerned me over the brony craze was this sexual attraction to cartoon characters by some of the fans, as some of said cartoon characters (in my opinion) represented minors, and that sort of attraction to depictions of minors was concerning. Seems though the main characters these bronies have an attraction to are around age twenty or so, and if that be the case then that's not as concerning.

MLP is a fandom just like any other and has its diehard followers, seems relatively harmless to me and (can't believe I'm saying this) actually mildly entertaining, it appears the main characters have detailed and developed personas, and go through experiences that most of us have in real life. Watched the movie too by the way. With that said, can't call myself a fan, but I can understand why some adults are crazy over that MLP series. Yeah, that conservative father was a riot, can see why you laughed at that part. The documentary was an eyeopener, even guys in the Military are diehard fans of the show, that one was a shocker.

One of the episodes I checked out (think it was season 2 episode 4) was about one of the princess ponies who was trying to adjust to life as a good guy now who had overcome her dark side, and she had a hard time doing so when this other pony was constantly whipping the others into a frenzy for no good reason really. That cracked me up, because it reminded me so much of our current political scene, with all the "chicken littles" out there overreacting and stirring up trouble spreading seeds of doubt.

Thought I'd share this in case you're interested, this site has alot of good movies and television shows, I'd suggest having a good adblocker though as the pop-up ads are numerous, but if you can get past the ads it's worth checking out. The link is to the complete Game Of Thrones series, but you are able to search for any title. If you're on mobile you could download the episodes to your phone, not sure if you could on PC. It took about 20 GBs of data to download every episode of GOT to my Android, but worth it and backed up the downloaded files to an external hard drive. Going to check out that movie Underwater when I get the spare time, looked good. Anyways, here's the link-
[m4uhd.tv]

I watched it, got a few laughs. The first episodes of Roseanne are hilarious IMO. Its a great memory for me, my mom loved her before she got dementia. We would just laugh and laugh at the show.

Yes and it was awesome-nogaps-like there was no break in between. And the two Beckys. You have to watchit if you did years ago.

No, I'm not racist fuck, or a supporter of racist fucks.

Yes. Seemed a bit forced.

I agree.

I watched it and thought it was hilarious. I hope they can manage this so that it's more than just one season. If all invoked work with this it might be a hit all over again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.