Agnostic.com

27 1

How fast do you drive in a 35 mph zone?

4EvanSake 6 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

42, buddy

I usually would drive 40. I typically go 5 over in the city unless it is in a school zone. Highways, I usually go 8 to 10 over. However if I'm being tailgated, I typically slow down and go exactly the speed limit. I always drive in the right lane unless I am passing someone.

I like your style

I use the plus 9 rule on all posted speeds except when in a neighborhood, a school zone, or around a school bus.

35 but I drive for my job so don't ever want to get a ticket. One thing I found funny, sometimes they will put up a temporary sign that states "Speed Enforcement Zone". I thought to myself, does that mean the speed limit signs elsewhere are just suggestions.

40, it's easy to get to 35 if you see a cruiser.

When I was younger I had a lead foot, these days I make every effort to stay close to the speed limit, not because I’m older but because I had too many tickets and I’m tired of paying through the nose to get someplace I probably don’t want to go 5 minuets sooner.

144mph, give or take.

35mph

If it’s residential 30, if not 40. I’m terrified of hitting a child and tend to putt putt through areas with a lot of houses.

35, yes really.

35 mph

35 plus 10% but got caught once doing slighlty over the 10% limit that is England for you

Rosh Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

As close to 35 as possible. I'm just boring like that.

As close to 35 as possible. My mom lives in BoyntonBeach/Del Ray and they drive too fast. I had a family member killed in a car crash there.

In town I always drive the speed limit highways and interstate 5 over

Somewhere between 35-40.

Depends on the time of day, at busy times close to speed limit, at 2 am forgetaboutit.

cava Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

i drive for a living. points on my licence will cost me money. and except for occaisional lapses in concentration i will always drive just below any speed limits

Do a quick 360. Law enforcement? 35 in the right lane. No law enforcement? 42 in the left lane.

I stick to most urban speed limits of 30mph and above. I sometimes stick to 20 limits, if they seem appropriate, but local councils are sticking them everywhere these days, and most people are ignoring them. Also, non-residential 30s, I'll typically speed in, such as near where I work. If you try to stick to 30 there, people will dangerously overtake (I've tried it.)

78 on the cruise control on a motorway (70 limit.) I'll occasionally crank it up to 82. Rarely, 85. These are, respectively, speeds that they should let you get away with, speeds that if they catch you, you should be offered a trip to 'naughty school' - basically a £100+ fine and a 1 day course, but nothing on your permanent record. The last being one you'll likely get a proper ticket for.

I drive 44mph. I have never received a ticket going less than 10 over the speed limit.

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45614
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.