Agnostic.com

49 11

Do You Have a Phobia?

My phobia is snakes. I was walking along a river as an early teen and almost stepped on a water moccasin that was coiled up and hissing up at me. I think I beat a mile path around that snake. I still can't be around them to this day.

ballou 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't like snakes. I tell others the joke of me following them through my yard trying to talk to them and all they want to do is get away. (This is my proof of believing Genesis and the talking snake from the bible.) "Talk to me, snake. I know you can talk."
I'm starting to develope a fear of heights and climbing. Before neuropothy came along I could climb like a monkey. I'm not as sure footed now.

I have a fear of widths.

Other people.

I am terrified of heights if I don't feel secure. I can ride a roller coaster but not a ferris wheel.

I'm deathly afraid of stupid people.

Dumasaphobia

@Gatovicolo Exactly!!!

Acrophobia. I got zero sense of balance and wobble on a 2 foot high step stool.

No. There are things I'm not particularly fond of but I wouldn't describe them as phobias.

I don't blame you! I'm not afraid of snakes here in Michigan, but Texas is another story. My phobia is spiders (again, Texas is on another level), and heights. I can fly, though

Hair....in my mouth, cleaning up other peoples hair.

Dumasaphobia

What'd the fellow who wrote The Three Musketeers ever do to you? ?

@memorylikeasieve nothin’

Lot of those around.

@tioteo sadly true.

A fear of failure, maybe...it's pretty much the only thing that drives me forward. Also, due to a PTSD-like condition, I can't be in large crowds. I don't have a fear of crowds, exactly, but I panic if I find myself in the middle of one...

Aquaphobia and claustrophobia, but neither are too bad.

Religious people.

Religiophobia.

@Gatovicolo Yes. My name is Goldendoll. And I'm a Religiophobic.

Any spider, any size, but large and hairy are the scariest ! Funny tho, cause I like my men large and hairy ! Hee hee hee

I have a problem with heights and deep water.

Snakes. Absolutely, terrified.
Also have anxiety. So, phone calls, strangers, groups etc

No! You put my phobia in your post. Shudders...

My Claustrophobia is pretty intense. I believe it comes from a childhood trauma. Try to confine me and you will witness my super-human strength! I can deal with most other fears.

I have claustrophobia. I was locked in a car trunk when I was about ten. It was a joke...but my friends mom yelled for her and she forgot about me for awhile. It was pretty rough. I have bad panic attacks if I'm in a real tight space or if I feel like I'm being held down.

That sounds like a nightmare! I was trapped under the covers and tickled until I cried and couldn't breathe. As an adult, I've been known to throw someone across the room if they try to pin me down.

I have the strangest phobia. I have an intense fear of getting lost when I'm driving. It really takes a lot of Courage for me to venture from state-to-state driving. by the way that's snake is a cottonmouth!! You better have a phobia when it comes to that guy! he'll fuck you up if you get bitten. You could have used a garter snake or a black snake something non venomous. Lol.

Heights, that is my biggest one, I don't like snakes but rescue the bloody things, not a fan of sharks at all, except with chips.

Grilled shark steaks...mmmm

I have two great ones, enclosures and heights.

Nope, I have a completly rational fear of heights on account of I'm not a bird and thus cannot fly 😉

Nomad Level 6 Mar 29, 2018

Me too.

Snakes are my kryptonite.

I have a lot of phobias that make no sense. I have severe trypophobia and I'm also terrified of Sam's Club and clowns

I have trypophobia also. If I see a pattern, it will stay in my head for years, popping up daily.

@Lysistrata If I close my eyes I can sometimes see the clusters and it gives me nightmares

@LadyAlyxandrea Yeah. It's awful. You've seen the picture of the palm?

@Lysistrata don't make me remember

Cleithrophobia or merinthophobia, similar to claustrophobia. Fear of not being able to move.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.