Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yhhhhhh.. Nah ... sometimess

Anyone who has been in the US Army has learned patience. The Army has always had a "hurry up and wait" way of operating. I have moderate patience.

It's funny that someone would associate showing up late for things with impatience. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I am patient in most things, but not with people who are habitually late. : D

JimG Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

It really depends on what, or who, is requiring my patience.

I'm not very patient, but some things I just accept, like traffic delays. If there's not much I can do about it, I figure there's no reason to get very upset over it. But when my father tells me about something that happened and his retelling takes longer than the actual events, I get a little peeved.

Depends on my mood

I am a very patient person, but I do have my limitations. I have to deal with some pretty irritating situations at work at times, and they can grate my patience. I warn my clients that "mean browneyedlady" is getting ready to make an appearance.

I think I can be impatient, but when it matters, and I am aware of myself, I can be very very patient.

I'm less patient and this habit I got since my childhood.

FAIZ Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

I modify my behavior so it looks like I'm patient, but I do seethe internally when something goes on for what seems like forever. Does that count?

Nope...I escaped...zing! BAM!....actually, I am very patient...too patient, maybe...

I am an impatient person who has learned patience over the years. I still haven’t figured out the virtuous part.

I am but not as bad as I used to be.
Watching someone fumble around with something I know how to do still freaks me out a little though. lol

I'm patient up to a point, but I think that most people have a reasonable limit. I've gotten to be more 'patient' in my older age as life has beaten me further and further down. People sometimes mistake my being patient with actually not giving a shit anymore....

I suffer from time anixety and have little patients when it comes to appointments...when people show up more that ten minutes late without calling I sometime tell them to leave. I think this is a result of some early childhood trauma.

I'm usually early - in sales you impress the client. Patience? I have it, but sometimes I hate waiting for other people shopping, gambling, drinking when I just want to leave. Sitting in a car waiting for someone my biggest gripe.

I used to not be, but that has changed. Yoga, and just not giving a fuck helped me gain patience

Yes, but I have limits.

I used to be relatively patient. I liked to arrive at least 10-15 minutes early for everything. I would always have a novel with me, and would read it while I waited.

Then I married and had children. It seems that no one else in this house believes in being any earlier than 20 minutes late for anything. I started to get into this habit myself, but I've been working to turn it back around, particularly when it's just me.

miffy Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Are you by chance an INFJ type? I am, and check yes to your whole list. Especially the movies. My son laughs. My timing is almost perfect every show.

@silvereyes similar in ways. Makes sense.

I'm pretty patient. Probably more than I should be...

Yes and no. I was programed early as a child to always arrive before everyone else. To always be early. I can wait hours for appointments that I've arrived early for. I also am very impatient with certain kinds of people, though

I am least patient when I am a patient. Who the hell do Doctors think they are anyway?

jeffy Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Right! Show up early so you can wait longer for me to be late.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.