Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm pretty impatient a lot of the time.

However, I'm also chronically late for things no matter what I do. When I do manage to leave the house quickly enough, I'm the person who ends up hitting every red light or gets lost. Plot my course to avoid getting lost? Google leads me a merry chase all over town to end up in the wrong location. Start early? There's a wreck on I-5. Start even earlier? Arrive on time, traipse all over the building, unable to find the room I'm looking for, end up late anyway. I've managed to be on time for appointments about nine times out of ten, but social things is where it falls down. But if people want to drop me because of it, it's their loss.

I have heard that late people think more about themselves than they ought to, do you agree?

@Boudica Depends on whether 'think more about themselves than they ought to' refers to narcissism (for which one has to have a high opinion of oneself so lolnope) or being self-conscious (which I am, far too much).

I'm very patient with some things like my art and completely the opposite if someone says they will be around my house to pick me up at a certain time even before the said time.

I do things on a schedule. Don't make me wait.

I have little patience, like my dad was. On some things I do, like things you HAVE to have patience with. I do not have patience with young people. I work with a lot of younger people who think they know it all. Ain't got time for that.

I have patience in abundance. But ... it is highly selective. I can deal with the presence of stupid for approximately 10 nanoseconds. Willful ignorance (a trait of many of the religious) I can handle for no more than 5 nanoseconds. Children and young adults are cool, as long as they don't display the aforementioned traits.

I arrive right @ designated time in fact in fact when I did not arrive at exactly 6:30 for a poker game my friends called my wife to see if there was a problem which set in motion a series of events that wasn't very nice. They called the hospitals and the police just as I arrived 30 minutes late due to a car accident that held up everyone on the highway. My phone had died so no one could get in touch with me. I immediately called my wife who was very upset.

Second time was when I was on a two week hike and artrived 2 hours late for pick up. All went well however.

I like being able to set my watch on my companions arrival.

I knew I did so for a reason.

I'm pretty patient. I've waited about 20 years to get on with my life because of the egoist party... Know what I mean? I like to be patient. It helps. But sometimes I would like to just slap somebody in the face!!!

I am quite patient. I've always had a great deal of patience. In fact, I have more of a propensity to being patient than not. It must be related to my disposition of being patient. You know. I do tend to be early but I don't think that has anything to do with my being patient. It has to to with not wanting to be late. I could go on but I don't want to try your patience 😉

SamL Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Oh my gosh,Im so impatient. I embarrass myself. I could go stark raving mad in 15 mins.of waiting. I try to stay calm and recognize that Its probably worth the wait.
Sounds like you just dont wanna waste your time, I think thats smart.

As an sculptor, many people tell me, I have the patient, of job.

In reality, I have little patient for things I don't like to do. Building with sand and snow sculptures I love in the moment. Building with wood or harder stone materials requires more patients.

You are okay. Dont see anything wrong and spouses opinion is often not factual.

I consider myself very patient but unfortunately, sometimes my patience gets abused and I can feel I am being taken advantage of. When that happens I feel backed into a corner and a need to be assertive. (assertive not agressive).

I am usually early and will bring something to entertain myself. When taking a ferry I am often very early, depending on the ferry and the particular quota (since there are several islands the ferry system can take some getting used to). At those times I will read, take a snooze or go for a hike on special trails located at both terminals. For the ferry it pays to be organized.

I'm very patient, no reason for it I just am.

I am patient, except when dealing with idiot drivers or technology. I will pitch a fit if my cell phone or computer acts up....and I think people driving slow in the fast lane should be executed

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Maybe just kicked in the balls.

I've been told I'm too patient

I'm incredibly patient mostly. Sometimes, though not often and when I forget to breathe I am just spaghetti...

People say I am extremely patient, but the voice in my head says otherwise, I guess the high level of frustration doesn't show.

Exceedingly. I can't not think, "What if that were me? How would I want others to regard and treat me if the shoe were on the other foot?". It's automatic.

But I'm very regimented about it. Shit on me once, that one's for free; we all make mistakes. Shit on me twice, words will be had: clear, simple, and direct. Shit on me thrice, you're history.

Yes, sometimes too patient with people who turn out to be toxic for me. I'm early for everything, except family functions. I've learned that it is best for me to show up at a family function late and leave early.

I’m patient with everybody except impatient people.

skado Level 9 Mar 29, 2018

I am patient. I am so patient that some even named it "legendary" haha. No matter the situation, it takes a lot for me to get impatient. Like staying on wiat on the phone for 30 minutes waiting for the person to get back to me. Wait 3 days for an answer that I needed last year. But of course, if I am dong something important and that it cannot wait, I will be less incline to let my legendary patience have the best of me.

I'm patient with people I know, and people who I know mean no harm. I have a short fuse for the rest.

I dunno. My modus operandi is to routinely carry a book (before Kindle) and now a tablet with a Kindle app. I also used to have a bottle of water in the car, and some healthy snack like chopped fruit and nuts, so I could snack, drink, and read if stuck in traffic, or waiting for an appointment.

I'm too patient sometimes, it seems.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

I've been a patient. I've known some patients. I have no patients. They are very expensive to keep.

LOL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.