Agnostic.com

31 17

LINK AG William Barr: “Men Are Far Likelier to Obey Rules That Come from God” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

If that were true, then why are atheists so grossly underrepresented in prisons? That bast majority of imprisoned persons are religious and are over represented on a per capita basis compared to the general population.

snytiger6 9 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"If that were true, then why are atheists so grossly underrepresented in prisons?"
Math.
If 70 or 80% of the population is Religious, it follows most prisoners would also be religious. It is also detrimental to be an open Atheist in prison, as adherence to religious structure and services is seen as rehabilitative.
Being involved in the prison religious services can count as "good behavior" and reduce your time. So it pays to declare as religious in prison, even if your not.

And Barr was corrupt under HW Bush, and while I screamed that before his confirmation, none of my reps paid any mind.

Where did you get those stats from? I am sure you will find there are demographic stats that might account for criminality, rather than just religious persuasion.

So... somehting that has been said repeatedly by religious people in order to instill fear & submission to followers instead of actual morals & ethics. They sound like a broken record, and the sad thing many people buy into it. It's just quite annoying for Atheisits, Agnostics & secular people to keep hearing.

Men are weak and They lack creativity and moxie.

Having a lot of gay friends, I'd say men are very creative and have plenty of moxie.

Of course if you want something done right... I think it's best to put a lesbian in charge.

Jeez

Sarcasm at its best. Thanks.

Oh, really?

I wonder if he is a plant from Islamic State.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.................😂

Thing is, that's kind of the whole point of religion, leaders the world over that always needed a bigger stick than they could carry. A way to keep the masses in line.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:464457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.