Agnostic.com

26 3

Religion/Spirituality

What is an alternative for thoughts and prayers?

beejaay 3 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love and best wishes!

Actually doing something

Actually doing something.

Action.

g

I'll be thinking about you

I sometimes tell people I'm sending "good vibes" in their direction. I tell this to my sister when she calls, then I face Northwest, raise my arm, and go "bzzzzzzz." She knows it's not serious. Just for fun. 🙂

Research and action.

Planning and doing.

Common sense and human empathy.

Tots and Pears

twill Level 7 Mar 29, 2020

Thoughts and actions, lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

I've brought over a meal for you. Just re-heat it when you like.

"Best wishes."

This is a truck full of thoughts and prayers:

Thoughts and prayers are only appropriate when you are not able to anything. When you are able, thoughts and prayers are an insult indicating you could care less about whatever the issue is.

Effort and Action

Action.

Yes, ACTIONS do often speak far louder than words, especially those that are mumbled into ones hands or at the ceiling.

After reading the comments I think just find solace in your own self. My first thought, prior to reading, was a response to evangelicals - up yours.

Family or friend: I am so sorry (or worried) and I will be thinking of you all the time, please keep me posted!
Authority: We will take action right now and will do whatever necessary for...

Sympathy and a willingness to help. Thoughts and prayers don’t hurt anything also.

Getting up off of your arse and doing something effective.

How about.....Hopes and Dreams.....??? It is just as stupid as thoughts and prayers.

Some variation of "I'm keeping a good thought".

"Thoughts and Hope"

Reading the comments on here, I agree that prayers are generally useless unless they spur action. However, my ex wives both told me that they just wanted me to listen and NOT try to solve their problems. So, given that lesson, active listening would probably be the right prescription. So how about"Feeling empathy and sending compassion".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:477493
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.