Agnostic.com

23 5

LINK E.W. Jackson Vows to Hold Church Services in Defiance of Virginia's Stay-at-Home Order | Right Wing Watch

Churches and religious gatherings are KNOWN vectors for transmitting Covid-19 infections.

The "believers" are going to really cause the pandemic to stick around much longer.

snytiger6 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Frigging brain-dead, half-witted Morons the lot of them, they're just acting as breeding grounds for more cases of the virus, this bloody arse-wipe Preacher should be tarred and feathered.

Xians being stupid, selfish and obnoxious -- is anyone really surprised?

Can't we put these people into fucking cages? The cowardly psycho they worship puts kids in cages.

It's sad that natural selection needs to weed these folks out. They're going to take innocent people with them. That's the sad part.

Assholes

Padlock the doors on Saturday night.

No do it on Sunday when they are in the church. Let them all meet Jesus together.

@JackPedigo This video comes in handy in cases like this.

I remember the same happened in Florida and there was a warrant went out for the pastors arrest. That might eventually happen in VA as well.

Unfortunately hey couldn’t keep him. He was released on bail. He gets to do it again.

Thre Louisiana pastor was just issued a summons. He said he is not going to stop having services. He had 1000 at his church last week.

If Florida put another moron pastor in jail for this, I don't see why VA won't do it
[theguardian.com]
and surely the idiots going will get sick
[abc7chicago.com]

There is a preacher near Tampa, FL that got arrested for holding a 500 person church gathering as well. It's sad how they think that their magical thinking is more powerful than germ theory. I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand I am concerned for them and on the other I'm like, "they get what they deserve."

Share the article with the Police Dept. there. They have the power to arrest him.

Chlorine in the evangelical Trump Voter gene pool - is there a down side LOL

Lock Him Up!

It really sucks we got to put with lock down bs for another 30 days and some religious don't have clue or compation about the problem.

Yeah someone might think they would provide some "moral" leadership....

We have one of these geniuses in Louisiana too. He says the virus is "politically motivated". I haven't found out yet if the virus is a Republican or a Democrat....

They're sociopaths

domos Level 7 Apr 1, 2020

But the Pharisee was surprised when he noticed that Jesus did not first wash before the meal. Luke 11:38

Jesus did was his hands before meal, why would anyone think any of Jesus's followers would be concerned with hand washing or other sanitary practices?

Word Level 8 Apr 1, 2020

He was a keen foot washer though.

Not exactly my brand of dangerous freedom. But its their right.

SCal Level 7 Apr 3, 2020

Well, no, because it poses a threat to other sections of the community.

@Coffeo So does driving. I am not living in fear. Sorry.

@BryanLV Sorry?

I was wondering what you were apologizing for. But perhaps it was for your poor analogy? If I go out driving and kill or injure some people through inattention or whatever, those people do not go and do the same to others, and they to others, and so on. Try again.

Was only a fake apology. Not bad at all. None of these people have been reported to be carrying covid. The community is not inside the church. Perfect analogy.

If youre trying to convince me that I should be afraid, you will fail.

Lock the doors while they're inside.

ugly Level 7 Apr 2, 2020

Let the brain dead monkeys die.

Let them walloweth slobbereth
And grovelth in the viral howlings of the Lord.

What some fail to grasp is that we are in a war here--one in which selfish behavior risks getting people killed.

Then, we are doomed.

@PondartIncbendog Some of us may be, more than necessary to be sure. Basic game theory playing itself out in real time.

Let them murder each other so they can Rapture each other!!!

This would be criminally insane even under normal times to expose individuals to toxic agents with full knowledge of the outcome of death and infirmity that is overtly possible!!!

Le them kill themselves, let their god(s) sort them out!!!

Is there any statistics on the cases that shows church goers have a higher or lower percentage of infection?

What if the numbers show that those that went to church touching each other and stuff had a lot lower infection rate? What could be said then?

Word Level 8 Apr 1, 2020

@TheMiddleWay Aren't we ?. Here is one for you [independent.co.uk]

@TheMiddleWay No of course we are not as all sporting events have been cancelled. There have been a few from churches though which goes to show how stupid some of the church leaders and churchgoers are.

In Israel, the Hasidim (ultra-orthodox jews) have, with few exceptions refused to stop congregating for prayer even calling the police who try to stop them nazis. They make up 12% of the Israeli population but account for over half the hospitalizations.

@TheMiddleWay Sports events still going ahead ?. I hope not. All sporting events here have been banned for a couple of weeks now and the latest casualty is Wimbledon.Also all churches and other places of worship have been closed.
The general mindset in the US may be a bit different . Apart from the total incompetence of Trump in handling the situation there is the illusion of personal freedom. "the land of the free " and nonsense like that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478792
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.