Agnostic.com

82 10

How do you feel about the person you're dating talking about their ex?

This is usually on the top of what people "don't want to hear" about during a date. How do you feel about it personally?

• 31 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 51 votes
  • 20 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 32 votes
silvereyes 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments (76 - 82)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try not to block any source of communication, as it may make it easier for the relationship to grow when you do not have to hold back the thoughts you are having. Hopefully, soon enough they will be thinking about you enough to never have the ex pass their mind

I'm all ears.

It strongly depends on how they are talking about it.
Sharing parts of personal life experience is pretty much fine. Comparing (even if positive) is not.

Actually, I think it depends. I am dating a man near my age. We both had long marriages. It would be pointless and too much work to try to pretend our ex-spouses didn't exist. A lot of mention of prior short-term dating experiences might make me react differently.

Depends. I don't want to hear about all the things the ex did wrong. My first question when the ex blaming starts is "what was your part?" No one is an innocent victim in a bad relationship. If they can't acknowledge the responsibility in the breakup, they're not ready to enter into a new relationship. They'll just keep making the same mistakes again and again.

Definately not on first dates don't want to know about your x mkakes me wonder if you are compairing

I welcome it, especially early on. I watch what he says about the ex. If everything is her fault, that's a huge red flag.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.