Agnostic.com

18 13

LINK Nearly half of Americans believe the Bible should influence US laws - The Christian Post

Ignorant people who want ignorance to be the norm. This is how the dark ages started.

snytiger6 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Makes sense... Roughly the same amount of low grade morons out there.

1/2? In a country where maybe 10% of the populace has actually read the thing?

twill Level 7 May 7, 2020

I think 10% is a high estimate... I am talking about reading all of it, not just the selected cherry picked stories and passages.

How about the one that says If you have a disobedient son you should take him to the edge of town and stone him.

I actually had a Trump supporter/Republican tell me that he's against abolishing the Electoral College because he doesn't want our president voted for by college educated/smart people.

That is both funny and sad at the same time.

God: "I created over 4200 different religions, but only one is the 'True' religion. I refuse to tell them which one it is, so I can sit here with a bowl of popcorn and watch them kill each other"

All religions are myth
Except mine and mine is historical

• Every religion in the world

Religions by their nature are all subjective. Even us thinkers are too. What if we are all wrong? That could be an interesting debate.
Taking the USA as the main point. There is freedom of religion and the separation of religion and state. The political state is that of men (sorry ladies, not you originally, or Africans) and its success or failure is that of men. Important to this, is we are all under god and not equal to 'him'. Once people involve god in the running of state (think George III) then tyranny can result as anyone can claim 'god told me'. Given a Christian ideology, then what if it is the devil that has whispered in the ear of say Trump, who then said god put him here to lead you and the whole world... then all of the wobbly nonsense that follows with the likes of us ending up dead in pits.
In the end, we all need to believe in something. We all worship our own gods, whether that be logic, scientific method, sports stars, celebrities, politicians, conspiring theories, gold, food mountains, invisible sky faeries or whatever.

Well the Christian Post would say it, wouldn't they.

Right? Not necessarily an objective source.

Yeah, I suspect they may likely have put "loaded" questions in the survey.

Consider the source. We all know the lies and other tactics these 'christians' will use to get their message out. It's pure BS just like their Jesus appointed so-called president.

Huge mistake

The greatest threat to the US Constitution is from the regressive-left which is obsessed with not hurting someone's feelings. These people in cahoots with islamers are attempting to force us into another Dark Ages, where ignorance prevails.
"She's a witch. Burn her."

I do not believe that headline. It is propaganda issued by religious extremists to further their cause.

Translation: nearly half of Americans are ignorant of the Constitution.

The day this happens I move somewhere else, for real.

These idiots come from the ''keep insisting on our religion and eventually we'll wear them down'' theory. OVER MY DEAD BODY!

Ha ha! Excellent, its an exciting book!

I copied and posted that second one to Facebook.

@snytiger6 Excellent, spread it far and wide. These religious motherfuckers are a big reason Covid is hitting us so hard. They have been the most effective tools for driving the anti-science drivel unique to the United States among developed nations.

This kind of Bible smashing won't really solve that, but it is cathartic - hurting them with information helps stop many of us from needing to hurt them in person.

Most of them need to read ALL of the laws of the Christian holy book before they make such a claim.

You presume that said dipshits are capable of reading.

i do not think so, i think they are stretching the truth a bit long so as to encourage their base. They do it repeatedly, repitious lying enforces the belief.

On relection, the source is a religious publication. The probably loaded the questions int eh survey to steer respondents towards the desired answers.

These same inbred mental defectives scream about Sharia Law.

Yep.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.