Agnostic.com

74 5

What would you have done differently had you been god?

Does anyone have ideas about how you would have created the World and everything in it and perhaps even the Universe itself? Or would you have bothered creating anything after already having lived FOREVER, would you have suddenly gotten lonely? 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

Justme43 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

maybe place sex organs in a different place. maybe not
damn need some humor

I have long thought there are two things about the design of the human creature I would change: Teeth and feet. I think a simple answer for the inferiority of human teeth might just be to have them grow back for an entire lifetime and not just once when you're young. And feet ? I think the guy with the long white beard really dropped the ball. Throw out the crooked toes, the over-vulnerable arch, the weak ankles, and the Achilles tendon. Let's try something in the mode of super-durable wheels.

TO_BY Level 7 May 13, 2020

I can’t get behind the idea of the question. No one created the universe.

I guess I could have asked a different way. If you could change things in our world, what would you change? 🙂

Great hypothetical question by the way: it makes you think about all of gods' flaws.

That was kinda my idea when I posted it -- but several people took it the wrong way and stated it was such a 'waste of time'. Different people = different ideas. I thought it was an interesting subject for some of these groups. Guess I was wrong! 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

@Justme43 I think what is a waste of time is talking about what's a waste of time. One person's treasure is another's trash. The people crying that it's a waste of time are just billies. Period. I think going to church is a waste of time, but you won't see me going to church to tell them it's a waste of time. Simply by not going, I'm making it clear that it's a waste of my time. If it was true that they felt it's a waste of time, you wouldn't have heard from them. The fact that you heard from them tells me that they are nothing but bullies. Don't apologize, ignore and keep doing you.

@Justme43 Well, you have a lot of replies and comments for a post that is " a waste of time". I think it's a fun diversion.

I'd start by destroying all the bullies in here.
Seriously though, no humans.

If I was a God, I would create a bunch of half witted monkey's, scare the hell out of them and make them worship me, out of self gratification of course.

So, you would make the monkeys a lot smarter than we turned out?

@TWDay really, are you serious?

Well, I'd have actually proved I'm there for a start.

As gods do not exist, I do not have the slightest idea of how a god would behave.

I would believe in myself because I would be God. But I already believe in myself. Ergo I am already God. But there is no God. So I won't believe in myself. Then I will just wait for the drugs to wear off.

Oh yeah!!!!

This question is based on a false premise.

Which is exactly why I have responded with a very tart comment.

If you desire to know which god actually controls your destiny, take a look in the mirror. No one else has as much control over your destiny than the god you see in the mirror.

Dang! I've been looking at that guy for years and I didn't know he was GOD! 🙂

Don't the gnostic gospels say as much? How convenient that they got buried...

Hi, Larry in Kentucky, have you been at the mushrooms again? Are you still entertaining the possibility that the endless cosmos was created?
I cannot wait to hear all the other gods answer your question.

If I were a perfect, eternal, being I would not think I would ever feel the need for anything. I would be content just basking in my own perfection. That a supposedly perfect god created beings to worship it and to love and be loved (this came later, btw) indicates that it lacked something. How could this be possible in a perfect being?

So, it makes sense that if there is some creator being, it isn't perfect. And, this fits with the original ideas about gods; they were very human in their appearance and actions, as was the god of Israel until it morphed into the ONLY god and became omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent and perfect.

So, to summarize: I wouldn't create anything. If I am going to be a god, I am going to be a perfect one 🙂.

Yes, you put into a few words what I have been thinking for years! Exactly! Why would an "almighty" god HAVE to created anything, especially weakly humans, to satisfy his loneliness, or whatever? I totally agree with your assisment. Why would he be obsessed with women's wombs, opening and closing them; men's reproductive organs; etc. If he didn't make those parts correctly to begin with, he wasn't perfect! I know, circumcision was an ancient ritual to bring young boys into manhood, etc. but still, xians hang on every word of this (as they do for example the "Lord's Supper", actually a human sacrificial ritual) as if it made any sense and as it it were TRUE! 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

@Justme43 Maybe there is a God and he just gets bored? We are like a little ant garden for him, and its fun to fuck with us!

Very logical. God defies logic. So one can't be God.

@Observer-Effect: It sure seems that that is what the garden of Eden was all about. This god wanted a gardener, so he created man (the Adam). And, when this man proved to be lonely, he paraded a bunch of animals in front of him before he created woman (just to mess with his head, I guess).

He then gave this innocent/naive couple access to a forbidden tree and lied to them about what would happen if they ate from it. He then allowed a serpent into the garden to deceive them; and, after they ate from that tree, they realized that they were naked and had interlocking, baby-making, parts and could reproduce. After gaining that knowledge, he had to kick them out of the garden before they ate from the tree of life and started making more gods (eternal beings that could reproduce).

Then there is all the pain in childbirth, diseases, viruses, not telling even his chosen people about the germs he had created and that boiling water would help kill them. He instituted a bunch of arbitrary laws to follow and threatened his people with death if they broke them. And, when they couldn't keep all his laws, he decided he had to sacrifice himself to himself in the form of being his own son so he could create one way to heaven (a place that he never told his chosen people about); and, if people didn't follow his one path they would go to hell, a place of eternal suffering--and also a place he neglected to tell his chosen people about.

So, yes--if this god, or one like it, exists it is a sadistic asshole who created us just to fuck with us.

@Joanne Well spoken! Lots of great cartoons and graphics dance around the same subject:

Perfection

"Is Yahweh perfect? Was Yahweh perfect without the universe? If Yahweh was perfect without the universe, then why would it need to create a universe? How can an infinite being lack something? How can a perfect creator make an imperfect creation? Wouldn't a creator that makes perfect creations be more perfect than one that makes imperfect creations? If plants and animals are intelligently designed why have 99% of all species had designs that were not good enough to keep them from going extinct? Why would a perfect intelligent designer create galaxies that crash into each other? Why did Yahweh intelligently design foreskin that it wanted to be cut off?"

[stopindoctrination.org]

TheraminTrees
there are no gods' (2/3)

Marshall Brain
Intelligent design made mankind? Comparing scientific understanding to "religious logic"
[howgodworks.com]

Barry Goldberg
Which is Easier to Believe, that Life Was created by God or by Chance?
[qr.ae]

Barry Goldberg
Doesn’t the Beauty and Majesty of the Natural World Prove that God Exists?
[qr.ae]

Wow. That's a heavy thought. I guess I would have created the fantastic other - the law or property that no matter what, there shall always be a something more.

I wouldn't run the sewer pipe through the middle of the playground area. Maybe just be a stranger on the bus and play ski ball. But I haven't had enough coffee to think through this fun mental exercise yet.

Would you put HAIR on the human body in all those "strange" places? 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

After not creating evil and suffering I would pretty much call it a day.

Balls and clitorous on the inside, taint way bigger, pelvis wider, put "money is not equal to speech" "slavery is immoral" "everyone is equal regardless of shape size looks colour gender age sexual preference or beliefs" "E=mc^2" and "have sex with whoever you want and however you want it" in the ten commandments.

@Leontion lol. How about make it movable? Then men really can complain they don't know where to find it.

Anyone actually acting out one of my deadly sins would have a sudden death. But of course Jesus would come along and spoil all my fun! KIDDING!
Same goes for the chimps that rip other chimps’ arms off...sudden death. Of course, where to draw the line...surely a god would know the best place to put boundaries.
Well thank goodness I don’t have that power eh?

..guess I’ve been too far from the concept of a god to contemplate being one 🙂 I have wondered if such ‘followers’ have wished they were? As far as the larger things, I’ll often recall the lyrics of a RUSH song … like Roll The Bones
Why are we here?
Because we're here
Roll the bones -
Roll the bones

Beyond that, Reality rules, not gods ~

Varn Level 8 May 13, 2020

I wouldn't allow free will, so questions like these would never make it to waste everyone's time.

why not ask: "what would you do if you won a billion dollars?" "What would life be like if we were all dinosaurs?" "What do protozoa think about all day?"

Who cares? Why not actually DO something?

@NoPlanetB I'd rather not waste everyone's time.

Gee Pal, I am so sorry to have posted anything that would
waste someone's time and energy. I posted because I just
thought it might be an interesting question for this group,
but obviously I was mistaken. It was simply meant for
those who might like to just, I don't know, speculate
on what it might have been like, if there had been a xian
god, how people thought he should have planned and
created a different universe than the one we have.
It was only a hypothetical question, not meant to offend
anyone. It seems in this day and age there is nothing
anyone can do or say that doesn't offend someone.
So I guess we all just need to go about our daily lives
with our mouths shut, never making any comment
about any subject. Once again, I apologize if I wasted
your time with my posted question. And I’m sorry,
I’m just not as intellegent as some in the group, but
I just work with what “god” gave me and try to be
polite and compassionate towards my fellow man –
for as we hear so often in today’s world “We’re all in this
together!” 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

Ha. I have major complaints about the body. Seriously, what are we? I would not have put the urthrea in a womens body near the vagina. Dumb. Ladies? The clit really, we got gypped!

Flat Earth of course and with no Capitalism. jesus would had been Mejicano Gardener with 12 Mariachis.

I would make the speed of light to be about 10 miles per hour. That would make things really interesting.

It would diffinantly slow things down, wouldn't it? 🙂

@Justme43 Sure, but the effects of time dilation would be the the most interesting aspect.

86 the humans

...And if I were the king of the world
Tell you what I'd do
I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the war
Make sweet love to you
Sing it now, joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me...Jeremiah was a bullfrog(Hoyt Wayne Axton)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.