Agnostic.com

19 8
twill 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A great reason to be an Agnostic Atheist! Only that the website in the link have the worst forum-system I've ever seen!

My claim is that "God" is a meaningless word, not "God does not exist". They are not the same. Anybody see the difference?

So, yogert is now a religion? Yoga. Sorry, I had a key slip.

I believe some of my nomadic ancestors lived in yoghurts.

WTF, "Yoga is a new Religion," what the fuck have those numbnuts been smoking?
Yoga is beneficial and helpful, religions are harmful, divisive, discriminatory, abusive, repressive and, very often, destructive as well.
Get a life you Bleeding-Heart Christian Snowflakes, build a bridge and get over yourselves for once.

Such an incredible lack of education both in law enforcement and churches, it's amazing.

This is interesting. If you examine the legal precedents then they have a valid argument.

@TheMiddleWay This is just intellectual honesty. At the end of the day, giving up teaching yoga in public schools is a fair trade to ensure state/church separation.

@TheMiddleWay Up until now I’ve not thought about it. I’ve never really considered it religious. Given that the court cases cited are true, then yeah, I think they have a valid legal argument. This is despite me not really thinking yoga is religious.

In China, the government worked on banning at least one form of Qi Gong, an exercise regime that is slower than many others. One Qi Gong practitioner had 100 million followers in China and the government feared an anti government movement developing. The Chinese banned his group.

I just posted that link yesterday. No big deal.

To pose a link, click on the "post" tab, click on "link" in the lower right hand corner, nd fill in the fields.

If Yoga is a new religion then Yogi Bear is a priest?

Sacrilege! (I speak less as a fan of yoga, and more as an admirer of bears.)

@The-Krzyz is Boo Boo an acolyte?

Seven Ways Yoga is Good for Schools

1. Self-regulation. In order for students to succeed at school and in life, it’s crucial for them to develop self-regulation skills: the ability to monitor and adapt their behavior, attention, and emotions in response to internal cues, the environment, and feedback from others.

2. Improved academic performance.

3. Reduced anxiety and tension.

4. Resilience to stress.

5. Fewer problem behaviors including bullying.

6. Physical well-being.

7. Good for teacher well-being and the classroom climate.

[greatergood.berkeley.edu]

No doubt it has benefits. The issue is it’s religious roots. If a study were to come out saying teaching the 10 commandment has the same benefits that you cited, then I doubt we would say it is OK to do so.

@indirect76 One should not cut of ones nose to spite ones face.

Idiots

bobwjr Level 10 May 13, 2020

Lose the fancy dress and the individual Mat's, move it to the gym, and wearing gym uniforms and call it exercise, damn.🤯

TF is wrong with Ohio???? Reminded me of this...[local12.com]

Something from the link you provided, "… in 1995, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the [9th] Circuit in the case of Self Realization Fellowship Church v. Ananda Church of Self Realization labeled the “Hindu-Yoga spiritual tradition” as a “religious tradition.” In 1979, the 3rd Circuit ruled in the case of Malnak v. Yogi that transcendental meditation can be considered religious and an unconstitutional establishment of religion."
Here are just a few selected references from biblical text that establishes that LAWS GOVERNING PEOPLE would be a "religious tradition".
John 1:17
Verse Concepts
For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
Luke 24:44
Verse Concepts
Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
Deuteronomy 4:44
Verse Concepts
Now this is the law which Moses set before the sons of Israel;
Colossians 2:17 [referring to examples of things required by the law] "...These are a shadow of the things that were to come;"
Revelations 13:15 second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed.
Beast is metaphon for LAWS OR BODY ENFORCEMENT OF GOVERNMENT.
LAWS of moses viewed as first beast, United States of American (and conspiracy theory new world order government stuff) viewed as second beast.
16-17 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, ...
Metaphors keep stupid or uneducated people from understanding the meaning of things easily. This allows for it to be easier to manipulate people into the control of government requiring identification for taxation and government control.
United States of America {the constitution, laws and govenment officials} IS the secret RELIGION of the MASONIC LODGE secret religion racist devil worshiper governmental terrorist since their freedom from England July 4, 1776 raping this land from the original indigenous inhabitants calling them such but not limited to Mexican, Indian and Native American.
Everyone shall worship laws of government [the beast], everyone shall worship the establishment of identification for taxation and govenment control [submit to authority-666] and everyone shall worship "In God We Trust".
In Federal courts of the MASONIC LODGE secret religion racist devil worshiper governmental terrorist in the cases of Pool vs. klu klux klan masonic lodge governmental corruption organization et.al. Wichita Falls, TX and Pool vs. state of Texas et.al. Amarillo, TX they do nothing to bring justice for the innocent but rather allow that more children can be trained to speak and act abused for purposes of allowing governmental officials to have probable cause to issue warrants of arrest to terrorize and bull innocent people, especially those that oppose the MASONIC LODGE secret religion racist devil worshiper governmental terrorist. "My teacher made me touch her p.p." More children can and will be trained to speak and act abused. You may be the next victim of the the MASONIC LODGE secret religion racist devil worshiper governmental terrorist whilst nothing being done to ensure brick homes, businesses and property for everyone on Earth built by true masons free from mortgage, free from rent, free from governmental terrorism, taxation and free from religious oppression.
God Bless America.

Word Level 8 May 13, 2020

So worried about the separation of church and state? How many of this state's congregations applied for and received the COVID-19 money?

The yoga class I went to in a Catholic Church actually had a Baptist preacher in attendance. He was actually a right wing Baptist preacher.

It is needed?

Terry Firma? Great pseudonym ... much more creative than mine!

The unmitigated hypocrisy of American christians never fails to disappoint.
They'll use their faulty understanding of the Constitution to support their
delusions and willful discrimination of everyone who isn't them.
Unfortunately, they've infiltrated enough of our government institutions to
get their way almost every time.

Non-establshment, my ass.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.