Agnostic.com

27 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok. The Texas association of transpeople will give the next public prayer.

I'm sure him and Pence are good buddies.

I loathe Kkkristians

Sounds about right for Wylie, TX.

Fuck him! Oh wait, DON'T. That assinine stance should interefere with ANY chance of his getting laid, at least by a woman...

Zster Level 8 May 22, 2020

This is the best argument for why there should be no prayer at government functions.

Knott head.

So keep calm and sue the hell out of him while we still have a constitution?

Got it.

Cause if he gets away with this he will be taking the driver's licenses of women next and shortly thereafter barring women from going to school.

Got it.

I'm picking up what your laying down.

I went to a church that believed this nonsense. It was full of women married to men like this. Bright, intelligent women who lived their lives scurrying around like mice only daring to speak openly at ladies day events once a year. They never dared to grow into their own identity. But instead held up their submissiveness like a badge of honor.

It was suffocating.

But atleast I could walk out of the door and into the 21st century.

Now all they need is a sheriff who has religious beliefs that bar men from leading public prayer, and they will be all set.

BD66 Level 8 May 21, 2020

The citizens put him there.

What's his stance on a Muslim man leading public prayer? I'm only very slightly interested.

Wylie, Texas it figures I don't know if this mayor is that stupid but everybody who voted for him is a complete idiot. I guess he can find some stupid passage in his stupid bible that supports what he says. The same morons who think scripture should be a guideline for public policy would have their heads explode if you mentioned Sharia law. I hope they all get infected.

@barjoe
@Larry68Feminist
I didn't mind taking a bullet against apartheid extremists. Imagine what I would say to this "oke" to his face.
I was chatting on video to Larry a few weeks ago and yesterday about how people in USA (ok I'm generalising and in no way am I referring to all your citizens. Plenty live and work here too, so they know) react when you say you're from South Africa. I mean when I was there a few times. A lot of them think you have lions and giraffes in your back yard or they refer to you from "Africa" as if it's one country! I invited those narrow-minded individuals to visit this country and see for themselves what it's all about. Yes there's corruption, and yes there's poverty, I don't deny that. ...but there's much more to our country! Step outside "your planet" and view for yourselves. If that mayor uttered such nonsense here, he'd be cutting his visit short and checking his next flight out from "third world" right back into so-called "first world".
...and off the record my new pic is a photoshot from my conversation with Larry a few weeks ago. He's become a great pal.

Oh dear

"claims his belief", this is a systemic mental problem. Everytime a politician or anyone makes a public statement they use "beliefs" everyone should just turn away from them. They deserve immediate public ridicule.

Is it just me who thinks he looks a lot like Attorney General William Barr?

Maybe it's his younger, prettier, illegitimate brother? They obviously have the same brain.

So what I am hearing is that we should try to hang out with groups of religious women since they aren't allowed to lead us in some sort of spiritual/religious based stuff? Count me in!

Any major reason please ? Why is that ?

Answer: Texans are world leaders when it comes to culpable stupidity.

@ecunat 1st Corinthians 14;33 33b As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.

Now that's a belief i can support.

Aaaannnddd, with any luck it will crush you like the loathsome insect you are.

That's a comment that should help your quest to "meet women" on here.

@AnneWimsey Ahhh. Anne. You just displayed a major characteristic of the regressive left.... No sense of humor. ... Or are you also being sarcastic?

@AnneWimsey, @ChurchLess If they don't have a sense of humor, they are not of interest.

Gotta remember that the lefters need emojies to understanding anything.

"Texas Mayor put behind bars for leading women to his public prayer"

Sexist ass.

How is he going to stop women from praying out loud?

That seems very likely.

Technically he has no right to leading a public prayer anyway, they have just taken it upon themselves to continue a tradition started in the dark ages of our country...

I guess he doesn't want a career in government anymore. The women in Texas will chew him up and spit him out. The men in Texas will politely bring over a glass of mouthwash.

I would probably be shot or arrested in your country. I would not hold my breathe to such nonsense. This is ancient crap and not sure why this is still going on in a supposed "first world country". ...where someone with that stature is allowed to dictate what women is not allowed to!!!! ...and says this publicly!!!! I am infuriated from this part of the world - South Africa, what is referred to as "third world country".!!!! We're going backwards with such nonsense public utterances!!!! I remain disgusted 😡

Well, someone doesn’t seem to understand church and state...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.