Agnostic.com

86 18

Would you live in a 400 sq ft home, if it meant you could live in an absolutely beautiful place?

You can live in the most beautiful place you've ever seen, but your house would be ... not so great and tiny. Do you think it is worth the trade-off?

silvereyes 8 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

86 comments (76 - 86)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Id want that

Lived in a garage on Muai. It was 300 a month. Loved it.

Yes. I now live in an RV and it feels good to have downsized and keep only what I actually need and use in my everyday life

My current apartment is less than 400 square feet and my 2 previous apartments too. It keeps me from accumulating too much stuff. It's low maintenance. I would like to have my own home, but they're way out of my price range. I used to own a 600 square foot condo. Plenty of room for me. Loved it. Should have kept it. There are still some older houses I've seen on Zillow in the $20-$30,000

I live in over a 2,000 square ft. home. I could go down to 1,000 ft. With my wife it's nice to have our own space. I live in a beautiful place, so my answer is no.

ebdb Level 7 May 8, 2018

This not so much a choice but an only option in Vancouver, BC Canada. I live in about 600 sq feet and pay $1,300 per month. I can walk to work and have everything at a small walk.

I'm already living in a 400 sq ft apartment. Coming from a 3700 sq ft luxury estate home when I was married, it has been a shock. I'm still paring down. Unfortunately I don't have a scenic view though across the street is a deep-water canal leading out into Tampa Bay.

Yes, if the house could be put into good condition. I now live in an apartment about that size and it is quite enough...though I could use more storage space.

"...more storage space" is a slippery slope.

Naw, I like the city

Well... I spend more time inside my home then outside. I would rather the home be nice and roomy and comfortable. The outside views are only an illusion for me. Matter a fact, its all an illusion when you take a good look at it. I have a motor home to see the sites. It's roomy but smaller then a house. I wouldn't want to live in it just to be parked outside a beautiful scenery.

Absolutely YES, I intend to live in a 30 sq. ft. space.... for at least a year..... maybe more if it seems like I’m not done with my travels yet, and I have been living in a 400 sq. ft. Studio for 5 years and it’s been great..... here is a pic of the house I built for traveling....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.