Agnostic.com

28 11

What's the stupidest reason for not wearing a mask that you've heard?

"I have lymphoma, so a mask doesn't help me." This from a man working at Jiffy Lube today.

Does he think lymphoma protects him from COVID-19?

I didn't reply. With him, I didn't know where to start. Kindergarten?

slaps forehead

LiterateHiker 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The stupidest excuse I've heard is that Covid-19 is just a hoax invented by the liberals. 🙄

@BestWithoutGods

Said by Trump, the orange turd.

I am not worried about getting Covid because I have been washed by god's blood.

Jolanta Level 9 June 19, 2020

As far as I'm concerned - this one takes the prize ! I heard ths woman interviewed as she left a church.

that they don't believe covid-19 is real. this was from someone is very serious about their christianity. I continue to be amazed by an individual's ability to believe in something completely unsubstantiated and on the other hand not believe in something so completely and utterly obvious. quite a remarkable feat.

In AZ a man (who supposedly has lost more than one family member to the virus) yesterday said '“I think masks are good but they kind of act as a placebo to some extent,” he said. “I have family who’s been lost to coronavirus, so I should be wearing a mask.”. OMG. 😠

RichCC Level 8 June 19, 2020

All of them.

@Mitch07102

Exactly. Natural selection at work.

It's really a shame that abject stupidity isn't lethal on a consistent basis.

🙄

How about Brandon Straka's response to a flight attendant who asked it there were a reason why he wasn’t wearing a mask: “Sanity.” His reply is missing two letters!

Me the president said it's just kind of flu.

The dumbest? I'd rather get it and get it over with. And just how do you know that you won't be one of the ones that dies??????

I heard this one several times!

Never mind the fact that they will likely spread it to others. Some people...

Well, I saw a post today on facebook from the US, a man wearing a pair of underpants on his face as a mask in a department store.

Leaving Off Mask At Mayo Clinic, PENCE Said He Wanted To Look Workers 'In The Eye'. (The Mayo Clinic wrote that it had "informed @VP of the masking policy prior to his arrival today." )

@Ray13 well he's a politician who tried at one point to use taxpayer dollars to fund concentration camps for lgbtq Americans in his state so yeah idiot doesn't even begin to cover Pence.

I heard some people say ,The condensation steams up ones glasses

granny Level 6 June 19, 2020

@granny

Then put the mask a little lower on your nose. Problem solved.

That's true, but still not reason not to wear a mask.

@LiterateHiker I put my 'readers' a little lower on my nose, and leave my mask where it is ... problem solved! 😉

A trick an ER RN that I work with showed me. Little peice of medical tape on the mask directly under the eyes stops that problem

If you don't have the common decency to wear a mask in defense of others then I don't talk to you, except to say get the fuck out of my way, ass wipe.

Trump should get a Darwin Award, except those are usually reserved for someone who does as a result of their own stupidity.

There is a lot of time for this to happen. Don't give up hope.

@BudFrank

Did you mean dies as a result of his stupidity?

@LiterateHiker right. Sorry for poor proofreading

@BudFrank

A published columnist, I am bad at proofreading my own writing.

That's because I know what it is supposed to say.

Shit, wouldn't giving Humpty Dumpty tRumpty be an insult to the Darwin Awards?

He could be given an honoury Darwin Award, for those who cause the deaths of others.

“I don’t need too”. NYS Prison Guard.

@ADKSparky

Sad. He is willing to infect other people with COVID-19.

Up to 80% of COVID-19 infections are asymptomatic. Not wearing a mask spreads the virus with respiratory droplets.

[msn.com]

@LiterateHiker I wish I had gotten his name. I know a high ranking NY prison employee in central NY

One guy told me it messed up his beard. So I reached into my pocket and gave him MY beard comb and told him to quit being a sissy

redhog Level 7 June 19, 2020

"I don't know. Somehow, I don't see it for myself," Trump said during an April 3 coronavirus task force briefing.

SMH unbelievable

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2020

I have really not heard of any in my area ,lucky i guess ,lot of people wear them and those who do not all the just say i guess i should be

Smack my head!

A former relative of mine says she doesn't want to wear a mask because the inside would be full of her own germs which she doesn't want to re-breathe. Um... yeah, that's the point, keeping your germs to yourself, not spreading them to others. I suggested she wash it after every use, as recommended.

I had a tourist ( one of the thousands who have invaded my quiet little mountain town since this mess started ) and his obnoxious family lecturing me in the grocery the other day with trumpesque ruminant over the masks my offspring and I were wearing. It was all I could do to not break out laughing. These morons truly believe this whole thing is a democratic hoax.... and no amount of piled up dead bodies will deter them.

I did run across one chap who thought that a mask could reduce your oxygen intake. I not-so-gently pointed out that the pores in an N95 mask are about a million times larger than an oxygen molecule, and suggested that he learn some science. Not another peep.

Well, for starters IF that person has Lymphoma then his/her Immune system is compromised either by the Lymphoma and or by the treatments, hence, they have little or NO Immune System at at all and are VERY , VERY prone to getting ANY infection/s no matter what or where they come from.
This I know for a 100% fact since my daughter succumbed to Mature B Cell Lymphoma in 2001 after chemotherapy in 2000 put it into remission but it returned faster and nastier less than 4 months later.

I went to the Redondo beach yesterday. Very few masks out there.

SCal Level 7 June 19, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.