Agnostic.com

21 24

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING HARI SELDON!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Mule? Trantor? R. DANEEL OLIVAW!?????!!!

This doesn't get you off the hook 2020 but it's a fucking amazing spectacular unbelievable did not know this was happening good start!!!!!!!!!!

TheMiddleWay 8 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, the only down side is that it's on Apple TV+ and I'd have to add yet another streaming service to the list of those that I already have. And for a single show as there's nothing else on the service that I'm in the least bit interested in.

redbai Level 8 June 23, 2020

LoL such an out of character post for you 😀
Very cool, you’ve got me interested In it.

More futuristic sci-fi. No thanks

I was excited at first, but the teaser did not have the same Asimov flavor. I'm betting they are taking "creative liberties" with the original work to make it more "exciting".

We'll see if Apple can do it.

In all honesty? Asimov is a little dry. I can't read his fiction for a very long stretch without starting to get drowsy.

But that's no excuse for what they did to "I, Robot".

Interesting, it will be tough to rival the book with such an epic story, much like Dune in that way but I will keep my fingers crossed that they do a good job of it.

@TheMiddleWay I am running out of fingers to keep crossed, at least Sting won't be in this one. 🙂

@TheMiddleWay he will always be Picard in my mind, he nailed that role but his portrayal of Gurney was lack lustre, better than some of the other cast but not his best work. For me the scariest role was played by this little charmer.
[google.com]

@TheMiddleWay I didn't but now I must. I ground my way through Dune Messiah and Children of Dune but that was as much as I could bear after the original work.

@TheMiddleWay Bene Gesserit = Jesuits in my mind, in much the same way that Fremen are Free Men and Mentats are Human Computers. Frank Herbert wasn't that clever when he came to naming things but then he had to factor in the average reader of Sci Fi at the time that he wrote the series, lots of these people had just graduated from Buck Rogers. 🙂

Facilitating trilogy, the original 3 books. You can learn a lot about society's and how they function by reading the Foundation Trilogy. For instance, give the natives flashlights and then you can sell them batteries forever. Sound familiar?

@TheMiddleWay Yes, Asmiov was my main Si Fi author when i started reading Si Fi in the 1950's. I have read everything he ever wrote. Fiction and non-fiction. I guess it's time to read the Foundation again.

Isaac Asimov's one of my heroes. This trailer appears promising ... love your enthusiasm!

Some of my favorite sci-fi books!

one of those movies that makes your mind race and won't let you sleep.

I may have to watch this.

That honestly doesn't look anything like the Foundation Series I read, guess I'll have to dig it back out.

This is surely a sign of the end of times...making a tv show out of a story that's mostly exposition lol.

Well if I survive long enough to see it I will probably die binge watching it. And I will most definitely be watching it.

stupid appletv... I really hate this scatter shot of streaming sites that are creating content! The content looksinteresting but I would refuse to pay for separate apple, amazon, google, cbs, nbc, etc. services. blah!

@TheMiddleWay sorry for the grumbling. I realize they make a lot of what could be really good tv and that streaming is what satellite tv used to be - edgy new projects with no commercials.. the change over is is just taking me longer than it should. 😕

I got apple but so far have never had a look. Something new to do for me.

Interesting

Loved the book and Asimov in general. But I'll probably never see this as I have had a bad experience with Apple.

I LOVED that series, and I even liked the one he wrote in the 1980's as a followup! Wow, this is about time!!!

zeuser Level 9 June 23, 2020

Some of my first books were by Isaac Asimov. The Foundation trilogy was dog eared when I finished. I hope they make a good series of it.

I hope ut's available elsewhere/ Are they going to release it on DVD/BluRay?

I have never been an Apple fan- it's disgusting that once apple, you must always buy apple.

Anyway, I hope they'll stick with the book plot and not ruin it like JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:508621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.