Agnostic.com

12 1

Name a woman that has inspired you?

dermot235 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mary of the bible. She pulled off the longest lasting bullshit story so far.

Teenage Pregnancy. Cover story for Joseph and her having sex

Grace Slick

Katherine Deneuve

Elizabeth Warren

Too many too list in reality!!!

When I was growing up Coretta Scott King. She was articulate and truly inspiring carrying on for MLK. I admired her bravery and determination after they murdered her husband.

When I was a kid I remember Bernadette Devlin was a Catholic civil rights leader in Northern Ireland. This was back when it was really bad. She was quite militant and was jailed from time to time. I think she was MP She was quite young. I assume she's still alive.

@barjoe She is. But she would be one that is considered a very militantly nationalist

@dermot235 I remember she came to Philadelphia in 70s and caused quite a ruckus. She was extremely militant and supported Black Panthers. I remember she was shot, don't know if you knew that.by Ulster Defense League.N Ireland version of KKK.

@barjoe She supported the IRA, Irish republican Army, they were a bunch of Fascists as far as I'm concerned

@dermot235 Both sides were. Protestant vs Catholic. That's what religion does for you.

@barjoe You bet it does.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Reeb Willms of the Foghorn Stringband inspires me somehow—I can’t explain just why. She has a certain presence, and when she looks at Caleb and smiles I experience deep pleasure. I think maybe she grew up on a farm and I am connecting with that aspect of her persona. Of course I like all the band members.

Melanie Oesch inspires me also. When I see her exuberant engagement with life I feel good all over.

These are groups I watch on YouTube. I am inspired even more by my daughters.

The only Stringbands I know of are in the Mummer's Parade.

@barjoe I had to look that up. The Mummer’s Parade sounds like a great event and lots of fun.

Foghorn is in Portland and they do bluegrass. I love watching them on YouTube. Beautiful people.

@WilliamFleming Mummer's Parade is drunken white people day in Philadelphia. I'm playing Fogform now. I like it.

I am inspired by almost every woman.

Now that's a smooth talker. You charming fuck

@dermot235 I mean what I said. My wife thinks I am great on that issue. The first person I thought of was Phyllis Schlafly, and Ayn Rand, they embody some of the people I always thought was worthy of no respect at all. Other than that how about some respect for Malala Yousephi, Ada Lovelace, Lisa Randall, Ilian Omar, Angela Davis, Simone de Beauvoir, Joy Reid, Hypatia, Hannah Arendt, Ida B. Wells, Phillis Wheatley, Rachel Maddow, and Katy Tur, to name a few off the top of my head. Oh, I forgot Opera Singers and other performers and a few novelists

@dalefvictor Rachel Maddow........?

@dermot235 The only woman on TV news who has a Ph.D. is a lesbian and cares about what she says. Takes a lot of effort, also she has written two books that are great. You have a problem here?

@dalefvictor Love Rachel Maddow she is the most articulate and intellectual journalist on television.

My wife.

So nice to hear a guy say that. Mine too

Ann Bancroft, Susan Butcher, Edurne Pasaban

Great choices. Women who succeeded in achieving so much in areas dominated by men

Besides Malala. Vera Markgraf, a paleontologist and paleoenvironmentalist.

Madalyn Murray O’Hair ~
Varn Level 8 July 5, 2020

Just watched the link. Great choice

I find Malala Yousafzai truly inspiring

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512508
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.