Agnostic.com

5 1

Black Lives Matter?

Do black lives matter or do all lives matter? What do you think?

Grecio 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm thinking you are well aware "All lives matter" is a white supremacist slogan.........

Yes, @Grecio has firmly established himself as a white supremacist

That sounds like an oxymoron to me.

@Grecio uuuummm, you do not know the meaning of that word,"oxymoron", do you...try Google?

Stop smoking hashish.

@Grecio never have,don't care for feeling high, or tipsy. Sometimes it makes people badly mis-use words, and then get snotty about it.....

You are either trolling or just being deliberately contentious

I don't know the meaning of the word "trolling". I simply asked a question. This is a discussion site, right?

@Grecio no, LenHazell53 got it right......

@Grecio
"Internet troll
Description
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"
Wikipedia

there you go

Saying "Black Lives Matter" in no way means other lives do not matter. When people say "Save the Whales" they don't mean that they have no concern for other animals. When the fire department is at a house that is on fire, spraying it with water, it doesn't mean that other houses don't matter. If your dentist puts a crown on one of your teeth, it doesn't mean all your other teeth don't matter. But sometimes a particular group, minority, animal, tooth or house needs IMMEDIATE and DRASTIC attention.

Is any of this making sense to you?

All teeth matter! I'll try telling my dentist that, next time he finds a problem.

Seriously though, you explained the phrase very eloquently.

I see your point. There actually are white people in America that are not racists. So the slogan kinda sounds like "white people don't matter".

Well said, but to be honest with you, I never thought of that idea. I am sure there are millions of southerners that have never considered that idea. I am one of them.

@Grecio "So the slogan kinda sounds like "white people don't matter"."
No it it does not
And only would seem so to a systemic, paranoid, frightened closet bigot

@Grecio If my house is on fire and I shout "My house is on fire!" that doesn't mean YOUR house doesn't matter. But if your house is not on fire and my house is on fire, then MY house needs some extra attention right now and yours does not.

The answer, of course, is that all lives can't matter until Black lives matter. (If Black lives don't matter then, by definition, ALL lives don't.)

What all has to change before black lives can matter? I understand the police, the judiciary system, and even capitalism. However, If I have never been a racist person, do I owe something to somebody due to slavery 150 years ago?

@Grecio
classic
"I'm not a racist but..."

It depends on whether you are a republican or democrat, I think.

Grecio Level 7 July 13, 2020

@SanDiegoAirport In fact he was the very first to comment on his own post, if you can believe it.

@LovinLarge well, that's one way of doubling up on your points. Not very legitimate, but it works

@SanDiegoAirport Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.

@SanDiegoAirport Is there some reason why I shouldn't comment on my own post?

@Grecio I always thought that it was GOOD form to comment on your own post. It shows active engagement.

@lovinlarge what the heck is wrong with commenting on you own post? Can't the poster haver an opinion? I don't understand?

@Grecio Responding to others who comment on your post is one thing but being the first to comment on your own post makes it look like you are just doing it for points by using a comment to say what you could have included in your original post.

@LovinLarge I am a 7 now. However, I don't care about points. What do points get someone? A Tee Shirt? I have plenty of shirts.

@Grecio I believe you. We all do things differently and that's okay although as you saw it caused some confusion. I also saw someone else do it today. There's clearly no rule against it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.