Agnostic.com

14 21

Not all heroes wear capes.

WATCH: ‘Naked Athena’ Faces Down Federal Cops at Portland Protest — and They Back Down

[mediaite.com]

WilliamCharles 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a well rounded friend named Athena that goes to the same nudist park that I do. I actually knew her long before we met again at the park, as a friend of my x-wife's. I have not seen the video but it makes me wonder because that girl is an instigator that makes things happen and I wouldn't put it past her. She is not a shy one nor someone you could boss or push around . And if you look in her big blue eyes your toast. She is also an amazing artist that could whip out a mural or posters with ease - some people just have it all.

jrhere Level 5 July 22, 2020

Hmm, I'll bet the Pork-Chops were raising their shields for a more important reason than to merely give them protection.

What is a pork-chop? A policeman?

@Grecio Yep, Aussie slang term meaning Police Officer, also called " Boys in Blue," Piggies in cars," "Whallopers," " Rozzers," and few that I'll refrain from mentioning since there are Ladies present here as well.

Well said.

Grecio Level 7 July 20, 2020

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2020

In the state of Oregon, if you are protesting, it is perfectly legal to be naked.

I do wonder, in our society, how would a naked male have been treated.

@Beowulfsfriend or if she was overweight

Are you serious?

What a great idea.

@Beowulfsfriend, @Marcie1974

I like to say, "Every body is a 'beach body'." It's one of the elements present with LS (lifestyle) nudists. That is, people should be comfortable with the skin they're in.

Somewhat related are the topless protests by women. It is rather amusing how the legality of so-called "indecent exposure" often centers on the female nipple, whereas the male nipple presents no legal issue, even in the case of "moobs" (man boobs).

@Beowulfsfriend My impression is that a man's organ is more noticeable than a woman's. I mean, nothing "stands out" on a woman. Are men's sex organs thought of as ugly, in general? I dunno. I guess it depends on who is looking.

@Grecio - I'm often amazed women find us attractive ar all (but thankful lol).

That's how you protest!

BD66 Level 8 July 20, 2020

Gotta say … my hometown’s a bit too full of the nation’s misfits.. In fact, the West Coast in general. Those that didn’t fit, headed West ~

Talked with both parents yesterday, embarrassed by the over-the-top on-going destruction in ..our town. Granted, these ‘protesters’ are not the majority ... but a screwed up potentially dangerous lot ..apparently incapable of dialing it back. Attention seeking behavior at best, serious mental illness at worst.

Varn Level 8 July 20, 2020

I agree with the protesters but in todays world she is lucky she was not shot.

It is my understanding they did shoot rounds (rubber bullets?) in the direction of her feet. At one point, another protester with a shield tried to insert himself between her and the officers, but she moved to steer clear of him (which I felt further enhanced the point she seemed to be trying to make - i.e., her willingness to courageously face them without any defense against their own utilization of violence).

In Portland it is perfectly legal to be naked when you are protesting.

Now that is the way to protest!!

But she was wearing a mask and socially distancing when someone got too close. Good on her.

Budgie Level 8 July 20, 2020

I admit... I didn't notice the mask the first time I watched it. lol

The boys just couldn't handle it.

I still have no clue why they're out there, but I've seen enough to conclude that I disagree with both sides.

SCal Level 7 July 20, 2020

Educate yourself

Well put ~

@Marcie1974 haha now you want to respond? Puhlease....

@Bobby9 sorry, not doing your research for you

Ah, the power of naked women over men!

Another normal day in Portland.

I don't know whom she is supporting, but I am for it, regardless.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517034
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.