Agnostic.com

14 27

Hitchens delivers one of his best hammer blows to cocky audience member

rogerbenham 8 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fight against this wicked evilness and wicked stupidity

I don't think it was cocky. It is a good question. I don't like people on the secular side treating an opposing pov as an enemy or opponent. These are people who attended, who made the effort to listen, who tried there best questions. I have a lot of respect for people who ask their best tough questions. Not only because it sharpens the spear of rhetoric, but also Because we get unique amazing insightful thoughts from great thinkers like Hitchens.

I agree that it wasn't a cocky question, but it wasn't a good one either. But I do have a lot of respect for those who ask dumb questions, as I often do myself, that is, ask dumb questions.

But yeah, characterizing his answer as "destroying" the questioner is a bit.... uncalled for.

And another bites the dust, great job there Christopher you sent him spiraling down in the flames of his own making.
Wish you were still amongst us all.

💤💤💤 . . . What was the question?

"Why don't you stay home?".

Yes! Nice. Thank you.

Hitchens was great, until he talked about politics, on politics he was a dick.

In what way ?. I know he was in favour of the removal of Saddam Hussein from Iraq and I think that was mainly because he was a champion of the Kurdish people who Saddam was committing genocide against

Always worth the watch. 👍🏻

I enjoyed this very much. Thank you for posting.

Miss that guy

Mvtt Level 7 Aug 12, 2020

He was a great man and I agree with everything he said.

He's always great with the come back....wish we had more like him.

Christopher had more intelligence and class than 99% of ''the lecture circuit." I miss him.

Amazing. Thank you for posting this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.