Agnostic.com

58 7

I sent a "Hello" to numerous gals at Agnostic, and I only got a response from one of them. I thought Agnostics would be more communicative. Another big let-down.

grbosworth 4 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is not a dating site.

It took a long time for me to get messages from women here. I commented and contributed to many group threads, and gradually got some "likes". Then I was able to engage some of them in written conversation.

If you're not a winner in the larger sense you won't be a winner here either. Agnostic.com is just a subset of the general population, and lack of religion is the only thing we really have in common.

its always easier for women than men ....some may not notice ....some may not be here for that....some may have something else in mind .... personally I always reply even if im not interested

Lots of “Hellos” in the world … my daughters get sick of them, too.

Varn Level 8 Aug 18, 2020

did you say more than hello? any innuendos? that will sour an initial greeting.

Wow. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the lamest and most pathetic post of the month on this site. In fact it may be historical.

I've seen worse. He will probably look back and laugh after a day or so. He is just in his feelings right now. We all get to this point sometime or another.

@MrChange speak for yourself. I never would be that pathetic.

@Mrchange if his biggest let down in his life is being ignored by women online he's living a super charmed amazing life. My life would have to be pretty great for such a thing to ever bother me! He may be too sensitive and incapable of handling rejection for dating, especially online dating. Heck I've experienced more harassment and abuse via online dating than he ever will. I need to make more complaining posts if this is the low bar for complaints we've set! Haha

As of 430ish pm 8/18/2020 he has over 50 comments - maybe he is striving to get points & not dates 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

Was there anything personal in your message to these "gals" or was it obvious you were just casting your line out to catch what you may?
You may want to engage in some self examination instead of just pouting with disappointment.

This isn't really a dating site to me personally. I don't think I tried to talk to any of the women on the site other than in posting comments. There's pretty women, smart and funny women, but as far as I can tell there's no one near me at all. Also I like it as just my "godless" spot😊 Good luck with the "gals" though..

In my experience, men who say "hello" only don't/won't carry on a conversation. That's why I usually will not respond to that especially if they have a profile as uninteresting as yours.

If you're unable or unwilling to give more than a two word sentence as a response to a message, I'm unwilling to converse. It's just not worth my time and effort to make conversation with someone who appears to be so disinterested in talking to me.

I didn’t get a hello but we aren’t a match. Good day.

Fuck bro, I'm desperate to not even make it to 50 and you're still out here chasing tail at 70! More power to you. Ladies, this guy may be worth a look if he's that much of a go getter.

Perhaps referring to women as "gals" could be part of your problem. If a woman says hello back, then what?

Put up some postings. Make comments on postings. Eventually you'll get comments and some online conversations. Just doing a "hello" won't cut it. Communication begins gradually.

SKH78 Level 8 Aug 18, 2020

Life is what you make of it. Similar to any site you frequent. Work o n yourself as a more marketable object.

If you sent 300 hellos in almost two years, it's like one every other day, and that may sound a little obsessive. This site is different from proper dating sites because people there are 100% for dates, while in this site dating is optional. Here you have so many more interests among the members other than dates, just check the amount of different groups...

One generally gains in direct proportion to that which is invested.

In your case - not much.

Is this really an important part of this site???

Hell no!!!

Even if there is no hell!!!

It seems too many on every internet connection social site Thinks they have so many choices To choose from which are not and never will be a choice for them, in fact the reality is that a very small minuscule amount of individuals might be considered lucky to even get one response back that is positive in nature not demeaning!!!. .

So... if women don't respond to your "Hello" then THEY are the ones who must be flawed?

And - "gals?"

Mystery solved.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 24, 2020

You are not known yet patience required

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 19, 2020

As far as women are concerned we all are creeps😬

No only some of you and the same can be said of women.

Completely incorrect

Some, if not most men are creeps. I tend to think most are and you are an example of that.

Some men are creeps. We are perfectly justified in being careful to make sure you are not a creep before engaging, no matter how wonderful you might personally be.

If you can't understand that, you are most likely one of the creeps.

You're not a mind reader. Don't speak on behalf of all women just like I wouldn't speak on behalf of all black people. Got it? Good

@demifeministgal you are correct. Lol

Good luck with finding a dating partner on here.

Perception is everything. A man who is married, saying hello to a single female. What's the perception on that? A single man saying hello to a single woman. What's the perception? If they believed you were trying to go somewhere they already decided they didn't want to go with you then it is easier for them not to respond at all instead of being polite, engaging in a polite conversation until finally you ask something more forward and they have to tell you no they're not interested. Not a lot of guys randomly say hello to me on any social media platform. Why not if we're just all being friendly? So if women have a good idea WHY you are saying hello then they have a right to think its a come on as I can guarantee you thousands of guys use the exact same tactic on other social media platforms. If you don't want to be perceived the same you have to come at them differently out the gate. If you're saying hello because you're interested then they are allowed not to be interested in you and not to respond.

Why does every site become a dating platform? Can't we just have discussions without getting hit on?

There is a comment above that asks a man if he thinks the world res around him. The answer is that for him it does, but not for anyone else. It depends on how a man steps out from that center and into the world that makes the difference. I do not know if I am getting across what I mean, I am trying to agree with you whole heartedly.

I am the one who wrote that and if he (or you) expect anyone to drop their life (interest, world) to immediately respond to a simple hello - you both need to try to be involved in the ACTUAL world. That is not how it works. If he (or you) write a sensible paragraph with a genuine topic, then yes, communication would be appreciated but even then, a response from the receiving party may not be immediate nor within several days.

@Heidi68 I do not think I said what I meant, I was trying to be a little sarcastic. If one is going to have a relationship with a person that means they share what they do together. If they do not have like interests than there has to be something else that holds them together. This is different for everyone, but any man that is not willing to share, communicate, and respond to another is looking for trouble.

@dalefvictor who said anything about a relationship? He is whining about women not responding when he sends a hello in a chat. Period. Whether you meant to be sarcastic certainly did not come across that way especially when your final sentence said "I do not know if I am getting across what I mean, I am trying to agree with you whole heartedly."

Maybe those 'gals at agnostic' can't decide one way or the other about you.

If you'd be good enough to post the text of the unsolicited 'come on' then we could all join in to analyse this tragedy and perchance remediate the spiel.

Hello, how are you?
Have you been alright through all those lonely
Lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely nights?
That's what I'd say, I'd tell you everything

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.