Agnostic.com

15 1

Non God Believer

If there is such thing in a being called God why the world is suffering so much!! Cause there is no God but evil everyday!!

AmWhatIAm 2 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe in Sponge Bob Square Pants! Praise the Sponge!!!!

ha well wadr you might be looking for a "Lord" or "Baal" rather than Yah, i dunno, but it is said that the world suffers for a few reasons, and it might be noted that suffering is fairly subjective? Are you suffering right now? Believe it or not the world is most likely a better place, right now, than it ever has been in history, although i would understand your scepticism there 🙂
we suffer bc we dislike entropy, for one thing; ppl reminisce about a past time they deem "perfect" and then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back there?
but also we tend to emotionalize what we focus on, for instance if you watch the news, well naturally you will get the impression that the world is only evil, as "good" news does not equate to multiple viewers.

Seek the good in the world, and make some yourself imo, and see that according to our definitions Yah does not "exist" anyway, nor does "He" try to! No "objective" evidence at all, right? You will not be judged for your belief, or lack thereof, of any "supreme being" ok, at least as far as the Bible goes; and we have several stories for that, the "Good" Samaritan, etc. strange but true 🙂 you are going to be judged for your works, according to the Bible, just like everyone else

Human beings created the concept of God. God does not exist.

No theist has yet proven there is a god, so there is no god. Evil is what people do when they lack morals.

It’s random acts of nature ... and what we do to ourselves, nothing else.. And, ‘god’ is not a noun 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 25, 2020

Pretty sure 'god' is a noun. 😛 Just sayin'...

It ain't a verb. I have never godded some potato chips. And it ain't an adjective. Those chips were crunchy, not goddy.

On the rest, about nature and our own actions, I happily (goddily?) agree. 😁

@AmyTheBruce It appears I refuse to capitalize an abstract noun … or consider the fictitious god concept a concrete noun. ...I knew it wasn’t the “person, place or thing” I’d been taught ..all those years ago 😕

Concrete nouns are people, places, or things that we can experience with our five senses. The abstract class of noun is the opposite. We can't experience these nouns with our senses. If a noun is abstract, it describes something you can't see, hear, touch, taste, or smell.

@AmyTheBruce I don't know, ever since you said it, all I want to do is god an entire bag of goddy potato chips. I will probably want to godly dip them in some French onion dip, too.

Yes a very old question

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

― Epicurus

Think the usual answer is Mysterious Ways. He has his reason for not preventing evil but you're not allowed to examine them.

evil does not exist just lack of empathy

I have a really hard time writing off the harm of religion, as "lack of empathy". While realizingthe people that lack empathy can do evil, I cannot agree that all people that lack empathy are evil. And I contend that it is the act, intended, or not, that is evil

@HankSherman First let me thank you for giving me an opportunity for clarifying my views on evil

Second let us agree that empathy is lack of consideration for other people, their troubles and pains

Third, I did not mean to imply that all people who lack empathy are bad people too. I recognise that there are many mental and physical conditions that prevent good people from being empathetic and we must treat these people differently.

My real view on evil is that it is a ‘dead end’ conclusion. It comes form the work done to establish the concept of the devil and lodge that in a fearful part of the Brain. All this in a corrective atmosphere and pressure to “seek the lord” .

But once you have called someone ‘evil’ ,where do you go from there? ( and I hope for a reply to that point). It is a man made but useless concept. We understand a lot more about empathy. It is not as if evil was an illness or mental condition.
Empathy on the other hand is about making contact with other people to see how you can help their troubles and pain . People who are labelled evil have had very little practice at connecting with other people.
If someone has committed a criminal act , this is why they need to be kept alive so that they can make up for lack of human contact with our help. This will prevent others people getting in the same position.

The harm that religion does can be summed up by saying it tries to establish a link with an invisible friend when everyone should be asking and getting benefits from real interactive people.

As always, I wish you well.

@Mcflewster I agree, labeling a person as evil, is usless. It's the "act" that I consider "evil". And I also agree, though I think you mis-stated what you meant to say,with your description of "lack of empathy" thanks for the reply.

@HankSherman You are my most important "Tester" [ hope you take that as a complement]

@Mcflewster 😊😊😊

@HankSherman That is how I feel too . " To the devil with the devil!!!"

Suffering?
I think the world is just being prepped for a colonoscopy.
We know what we'll find.

Would an enema help?

@Mcflewster I've had better offers.

Popeye.😉

Welcome to the site, correct there there are no gods, yes there is evil, so you can either live with it or get off your ass and do something to change that fact.🤔
Carpe Diem! Now is all you got, make the best of it, and just for comic relief Jesus is coming, look busy.😉

"There is no God but evil"? Yes, I can go with that as Evil seems to be the God of this World. (Sorry for messing with your words.)

You're right about there being no god but the "evil" everyday is accompanied by good. That's not to say that there aren't bad things that happen everyday.

What!? There's no God??!! Are you sure about this?

Your premise is flawed. True there is no god, but your complaint only indicates that there Is no GOOD god.

g

There are no gods, no religions, there is good and bad. Earth has plenty more things that are good than bad. We just have to deal with those facts and not be overwhelmed by the nature of things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:527715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.