Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK Nearly 9,000 Florida Children Diagnosed With Coronavirus in Two Weeks as Schools Reopen

The number of Florida diagnosed with the coronavirus has increased by nearly 9,000 over the past two weeks as schools across the state begin to reopen.

There are currently 48,730 confirmed cases of the novel virus among under 18, according to a recent pediatric report released by the Florida Department of Health. In a previous report released August 9, there were 39,735 confirmed cases among the same group, which marks an increase of 8,995 cases over the past two weeks.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are the DeSantis children going to public school? I'll bet not.

No surprise. 1 in 4 people in Florida are elderly, this won't end well as it it just going to fuel community spread.

MizJ Level 8 Aug 31, 2020

How many times does this have to happen before people get a clue?

I'm pleased that our local schools will be closed until at least November, maybe longer.

My company is remote until Jan 2021 at the earliest. One of our school districts is remote now and until November at the earliest. My daughter just started working for another school district, not remote, and found out one of her coworkers has covid. My daughter had a covid test on Saturday, she is still feeling OK. We're hopeful.

@HippieChick58 Oh, I hope that her school at least requires masks!

We went in person to my daughter's school today, to pick up the Chromebook that she has been issued for remote learning. I really hope that we can just continue from home until this is over.

Has your daughter's district set a policy for going remote if more cases pop up?

@AmyTheBruce I made a slew of masks for daughter, in fact for all my daughters and sons in law and faux son in law, and the grands too. Yes, that office is masked unless you are alone at your desk. The schools are requiring masks, our city council overruled the governor (friend of donnie) and required masks in the city. And yes, the school district has a plan for going remote. In general this school district is one of the wealthiest, if not the wealthiest in the state. They could go remote with no issues but parents want sports etc, and mostly republican area, fans and friends of the orange one. I'm all for staying home, I started a WFH job last week, learning from home is a challenge but I'm so glad not to commute and not to worry about what my coworkers are doing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.