Agnostic.com

7 12

LINK As Half a Million Forced to Flee, 'Militia Checkpoints' Patrol Roads and demand "documents"

WTHolyF? I mean this shit is out of control. These right-wingers are fully unhinged and this is going to get worse as Trump's numbers continue to plummet. The West Coast is on fire, COVID is raging, no economic help (which is deplorable at this late date) civil unrest, and a President that has the IQ of a fucking dead gnat. smh If this had been "planned" it would have NEVER happened this way. There's no way to plan all of this insanity.

What's most horrifying about this story? These are the same people the cops give water to, tell where to find "safety" after they assault and abuse peaceful protesters, give a wink and nod to after they murder people. These are the people the cops are OK with.

#fuckingshameful

SeaGreenEyez 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just read something that mainly applied to the racist issue but it can apply here (racism is a part of this). "...the brutal inequalities in our system have become undeniable to all but the most 'willfully' obtuse." "Atlantic 9.2020
I would add another adjective to that statement and say woefully and willfully obtuse. A lack of education and reason based thinking along with the internet has spawned this crises we are experiencing today in this country.

@SeaGreenEyez A note for you. I recently made a comment about how the conservatives see us. Afterward I wondered how I was able to make my comment so quick. I am starting a new book "Socrates Express - In search of life's lessons from dead philosophers" and a comment was made: "Feelings travel in trains, too. My periodic bouts of melancholia seem as if they come from nowhere, but when I stop and investigate their origin, I discover a hidden causality. My sadness was triggered by a prior thought or feeling, which was triggered by a prior one which was triggered by something my mother said in 1982."
Back to my second sentence; I was talking to a friend and she said she was going to subscribe to the "Atlantic" (I had been giving her my read copies) because after the article by Annie Applebaum on the Republicans Complicity in the present mess she was so impressed with the quality of the writing. Here is the article and it is the usual lengthy one. [theatlantic.com]
Also, here is a link to this amazing journalist. [theatlantic.com]
This may not help but sometimes I have found knowledge goes a long way. Now, at this horrible times I also find it best to limit and be more selective in things I read. There are more things in the world that are worthwhile besides our stupid politics. Hope you get to feeling better.

Most don't realize it's the metro area around Portland, Or or Seattle, WA that are the heavy democrat areas. The rural areas are gop and pro trumpettes with many dems/progressives but we are the minority. It does make it easy for the tribal mentality to kick in, besides the racial issue.
I have experienced the vitriol from conservative white males (and some women also) sad when you realize the population of the county I live in is just around 45,000.
Even more sad is how they continue to vote against their best interest and when I do try and educate them to the facts they think I'm bull shitting them or just flat do not believe me.

We hear a lot these days of 'herd immunity'. The biggest problem is 'herd mentality'.

@SeaGreenEyez I see you understand the wildlife.

So, the brown shirts are demanding, "Show us your papers."???

Sounds like the Oregon State Police, or the local Sheriff, needs to go have a chat with these idiots.

The Oregon State Police, and the local Sheriff, ARE these idiots.

@LenHazell53, they are not law enforcement officers. They need to be dealt with.

@mcgeo52 Those who are not against them are with them, in this case that is "The Oregon State Police, and the local Sheriff"
Is that more clear?

I give you two performances of the Canadian James Keelaghan's magnificent song narrating the people's long memory of events at Mann Gulch Misouri 70 years ago when 13 firefighters were killed by fire.
The first by the Fiddlin' Foresters:

And the second by Roger Kohn presumably also a contribution to C19 pandemic lockdown survival:

The 2nd Civil War is upon us..be aware and ready..

You are right, the powder keg has been rolled out, all it needs now is a moron stupid enough to stub out his cigarette in it.

@LenHazell53 it's been lit..

Posted by FBI Portland

FBI Portland and local law enforcement agencies have been receiving reports that extremists are responsible for setting wildfires in Oregon. With our state and local partners, the FBI has investigated several such reports and found them to be untrue.

Almost exactly the same thing here in California. The arsonists are not political extremists.

@SeaGreenEyez Not at all, but this misinformation has encouraged right wing militia to set up "check points" to harass and threaten people along evacuation routes.

Just insane

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 11, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533371
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.