Agnostic.com

11 12

LINK Christian: My Daughter Was Sent Home from School Because of Her Anti-Gay Shirt | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Schools have had to make clothing standards so that students will get along better and to minimize the possibility of violence breaking out.

snytiger6 9 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As it should be. Clothing with any sort of religious or political message should not be allowed in schools at any level of education.

Just crazy

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 12, 2020

She learned to hate from her parents and religion.

Oh yet another poor persecuted little Christian, so sad, too bad, I'm GLAD.

Why don't they choose other bat shit crazy stuff from the same Bible, like the defense of slavery in leviticus?

She deserved to be sent home...I'm so sick of this hatred bullshit

I don’t understand the right wing fascination with sex in general and gay sex in particular.
I don’t like clowns, clowns are wrong, I don’t wear a “God hates clowns” T shirt.
I can’t talk to a conservative about being trans because they think it means sodomy 24/7.
I despise projectile genetics, and sex is boring.
Conservatives are sick and obsessed.

Okay, I have to ask..."projectile genetics"????? I can't imagine what that might be.

I've come to believe that the problem homophobic christians have with gay sex is that it's a temptation they are afraid they won't be able to resist.

@JimG The most outspoken homophobes in the media more often than not end up beign caught with a rent boy or something of that nature.

@snytiger6 I've noticed that. I also have a religious uncle who's an outspoken homophobe who posted all kinds of evangelical anti-gay bullshit before I unfriended him.

It's strange, I remember him being single forever and finally getting married to the most manly woman I've ever known. I couldn't say with certainty that he's deep in the closet, but if I had to place a bet, I think if it weren't for his religious inspired fear, he'd be with a man. Ili think all of his anti-homosexual rhetoric, is his denial.

@JimG Yes, he very likely may be in denial. It is possible to repress your sexual orientation. The 1-2% who say they remain straight after "reparative therapy" are doing so.

Good. There should be more daughters sent home for wearing hateful messages.

That's not even an actual quote, just an interpretation of what it says. And personally if not inheriting the kingdom of God is the price to pay for some bum fun I'm quite happy with that since their biblical God is a vengeful sorry tempered hateful mass murderer.

Meanwhile I don't see any kids wearing shirts about fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers - all found a plenty sheltering under the roofs with the envangelical church. Just shine a little light in and then go scuttling for shelter like roaches.

As the mother of a lesbian, I have to say, free speech: yes, hate speech: no. How could you let your daughter be seen in public in that shirt? Buy her some decent clothes.

I don't think hatred of "other" groups of people is a family value that should be tolerated at schools. Granted there is such a thing as "freedom of speech", but certain places should be free of certain kinds of speech. Shouts of "fire" should not be allowed in theaters if there is no merit for it. Expressions of hate should not be allowed where the public send their kids for an education. Hate is not something a public school should be allowing or teaching.

And why is it that fucker carlson is allowed to spew forth violence-inspiring bullshit like the immigrants re coming to take over your homes or BLM will invade your suburbs and kill you?
And isn't it strange how these people who are claiming that their rights are being violated have no regard for anyone else's rights (such as the no-mask karen whiners)?

I might a;so add since when has lying become a right? Whatever happened to societal norms?

@HumanistJohn Unfortunately, a society does need to allow somewhat free expression of even hateful ideas. How else will we know who the lunatics are?

@Normanbites True........but be careful about arguing with fools in public......Spectators can’t tell the difference.

@SeaRay215ex Sadly, very true!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.