Agnostic.com

67 4

Who's been the best President of the United States in your lifetime?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Washington.

?. Wow! You are really old. I did not realize that anyone was still alive from the time Washington was President in the late 1700s

I’m 44 and would definitely say Obama.

I've only been alive since 1998, so I'm not exactly spoiled for choice. Bill Clinton, George W Bush, Barack Obama and the infantile Wotsit, as I like to call him. Out of those, I must necessarily go for Obama; he took control of a country in recession and brought it back to being a respected international power instead of a bully.

Not satisfied with any of them.

cava Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Historians hold Abraham Lincoln in highest esteem for crisis leadership. He led the country through one of its most trying periods, the Civil War, and in 1863 signed the Emancipation Proclamation freeing the slaves. Not in my lifetime, of course, but he is my favorite in history.

Kennedy, clinton Obama

Kennedy, clinton Obama

Obama....Easy choice. Could have done more had the Republicans worked with him. They were more interested in making him look bad than working for the people. Had he been white it would have been a different story. If not for Vietnam Johnson would be number one for his work on civil rights.

Probably Carter.

President Ronald Reagan

Count Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

Barack.

Obama with JFK a close second.

William Jefferson Clinton ~

Varn Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

I would say Clinton except he is a dirty draft dodger.

Johnson

Honestly Clinton.

Alfred E. Neumann

Harry Truman, without a doubt.

For me it has to be Lyndon Johnson, but he was also one of the worst. Civil rights made great strides under him. The Vietnam conflict dragged him down.
Eisenhower and Truman rank high, Eisehower because I've seen more of what happened on his watch in a historical perspective. Ultimately, history will be the best judge of any.

I don't think enough time has passed to truly evaluate.

We've had the best?

As a 26 year old Canadian, I'd say your best in my memory was Barack Obama. Honestly you've had a bit of a crap shoot these last couple of decades if you ask my less than educated oppinion.

Obama, Carter. Maybe Johnson in a way. Civil rights bill. I was six days old when JFK was killed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.