Agnostic.com

29 10

LINK Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven | The Independent | The Independent

OH, GREAT. Now I have to live into infinity with a bunch of god lovers.

ChurchLess 7 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry, even under that scenario all the fun people will be elsewhere.

I hope there is an opt out clause

You don't have to not believe in God to just die and revert back to your constituent raw materials either.

There is no way that I would want to spend the rest of eternity in the company of any genocidal maniac of a god with catastrophic anger management issues!

But....but....but....he LOVES you!

Wait! Do I get options? I want to be with the DOG lovers....not the GOD lovers!

I'll second that!

JFC!!
More threats.

🤣

Sounds like they are getting hard up for recruits!

He also told a kid that dog's go to heaven. Do we need to take pooperscoopers with us to paradise?

Oh thank heaven for 7-ELEVEN!

Thanks, Frank. What is the case for atheists who were fake baptized (with "we baptize you" ), do they get to go to heaven? And how many angels are there routing traffic for the Internet?

I love it how he assumes that we all would want to go to heaven. No thank you! That'll be a hard pass for me.

It's like Greyhound. You can take the trip and "Leave the believing to us!"

Pope Francis is smart by using underhanded tactics to confuse non religious or for people who is in the labyrinth to believe or not to believe in any God or a religion. Well played Pope Francis. What is heaven or hell anyway when the human body is dead?

Then why bother with following all the christian crap?

If the pope says it, then it must be true. But he forgot to mention that you must also molest altar boys in order to be heaven wotthy. I will pass, though.

I am not sure I am happy with that. If there is a heaven and I get there I do not want to have to put up with the religious nutters. I had enough of them here on earth why would I want to prolong the agony.

This is old. This is typical double speak by this guy. He talks from both sides of his mouth. Part of his pretend reaching out to others, like when he said that "Who am I to judge on being gay?" comment, ignoring that his archaic church and spiteful deity certainly does, according to its archaic theology. I remember some wag saying back in 2015 when this was reported, that it was like being offered membership to a club that you wouldn't join on any day.

And all of this is to try and slow down the mass exodus. (Pun intended)

Just send money

O goody! I can spend all of eternity praising a cruel, petty, narcissistic ego-maniac.

That's about the size of it.

Hey thanks, but no thanks

Cool story pope. We still don't believe in it lol. Besides Hell sounds alot more fun.

I am very relieved to hear that.

Jus like oh by the way, I spoke with God... apparently you DOOOOO still go to heaven.

What if you do not believe in heaven? Maybe the Pope's remark is somewhat like "you might not believe in hell but you are going to go there just the same."Whacko logic does not make it so.

Of all the people who should know that there is actually no god, he for sure is one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:543490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.