Agnostic.com

5 2

I wonder how many of you will be having a very late night in exactly two week's time? Being 6 hours ahead of EST, I shall be getting up very, very early to catch results as they come in.
Unfortunately, of course, I understand that the electors of a college do not always strictly follow the popular vote, so more nail biting, perhaps?

Petter 9 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 6 hours behind EST, so my sleep shouldnt be affected, but hopefully I'll nod off with a smile on my face, not the shock, horror and sinking feeling of 4 years ago.

My oldest arrived to live on ‘the Islands’ yesterday - another Democrat! ..as she reminded me, ‘we’re now six hours different.’

@Varn We are sure getting lots of newly arrived intended residents lately. She'll be wise to set quiet hours on her phone if she doesn't want to get woken up with calls at 3am. 🙂

@Julie808 I worry, I’ve been there, to 3 islands if I remember.. Who wouldn’t want to live in paradise 🙂 She’s some degrees, certifications, and savings ... as her ..eventual husband has his Bachelors. If they’d like to get married while there, I’ll be contacting you 😉

After a lifetime of following election results and attending "victory " parties, Knowing how the results matter as to what has been reported, seeing all the nuances of precinct by precinct results, I will stay up to my normal 2-3 am, If it's not decided by then, off to bed.

We shall possibly overlap by an hour or so. As you prepare to drop, I'll be having a morning cup of tea and firing up the computer.

@Petter depending on the particular state, the Sec of state websites normally have the information to make a resonable projection. We used to have weather maps to determine outcome, Rep. would show up as a greater percentage in foul weather, whereas dems flourished in fair weather. With all the early voting and how the states count them, it's nolt that easy anymore.. Since I'm not working a campaign this season, I am not as informed as I have been in the past

I’d done the same out West. Four years ago, over East, people were pounding tables and drinking hard before the polls even closed out west… I’d been ready to party! ..but after a long day, and those early results.. I headed home alone, phone off, and ‘radio silence.’ I’ve yet to experience a national victory party over here … fingers crossed 🙂

I'll be there...on overtime if need be...

I'm going to see how stoned I can get then sleep like a baby. My daughter will texts me soon as the preliminary results come in.

I'm still going to bed at 8:00 PM Central time. I need my beauty sleep, or as close to sleep as I can manage.

8pm! I'm just getting ready to cook dinner at that time. But then again, I seldom get up before 9am.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.