Agnostic.com

15 5

LINK Glenn Beck: “I’m Always Wrong with Timing,” but the End Times Are Near | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Glan Beck is a Mormorn.

When i was raised in the Mormon church their "prophet" said that my generation would live to see the second coming.

I am sure when my generation has all died, they will never mention the prediction again.

snytiger6 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, wake up. According to Jesus we were already in the end times when he told some of his followers they would still be alive when he returned in glory. Religious people seem to forget that.

Do we have any people over 2000 years old around? Where are they?

Wrong again, Glen. You should shorten it to just "I'm always wrong".

I wish jesus would come and take his followers to heaven.

Every generation that has come and gone has said the same thing. And guess what, we're still here, we're not that lucky.

There is this saying about the word BUT....and it's appropriate here.

I, too, predict the end times. Don't know when, but all stars die and science says the Earth can't survive that. Humans will, statistically likely, be LONG gone.

Maybe 5 billion years, for our sun.

Before the sun dies, it will expand into a red giant that will swallow the first three. possibly four planets

@snytiger6 Exactly!

The "End Times"(TM) are what one makes of it. Prophecy works as well as soothe-saying or praying to a container of goat cheese. Before I spend time listening to Glenn Beck or any other "End of Times"(TM) false prophet, they can prove their faith by healing the sick in hospitals first. After all, miracles are supposed to follow "true believers"(TM).

You know that ALL prophecy is self fulfilling prophesy right?
Like Joan of Arc.
Supposedly Merlin predicted her, (It was actually a French mystic) who said that France would be beaten down by a woman but led to victory by a maid. So some people think Elizabeth was Queen of England but she wouldn't be around for another hundred years, King Henry VI was King. Yet it was in Frances interest to have this prediction come true. So this teenage girl Joan was declared to be the "maid."
This situation was politically expedient for Charles VII, and it's the only relatively recent example of a female general, if you can call her that, in Medieval European history.
Nothing else explains a commoner, a female commoner, rising to such prominence in politics during such a misogynistic time.
Joan would have lived a quiet forgotten life had it not been for a stupid prophecy that didn't accurately predict anything at all really.
Should we have a catastrophic, arguably "end times" event it will be because these jackasses will make it happen. Clearly they are doing all they can to bring on the end of time, which makes them not just stupid, but dangerous and terroristic.

Similar thing being done in Israel, so Jesus can return! Much money changing hands! Lol

Predicting the end of the world has a long history: [abhota.info]

In fact, TODAY, 10/22/20, is the anniversary of one of those predictions, done by Rev. Miller, in upstate New York, in 1844. He had said that the world was going to end on 10/22/1844, and his Millerite followers believed him big time.
that part of N.Y had already become known as the "Burnt Over" area because of all of the religious BS coming from there. Hey, funny! That's just where Mormonism began!! Joseph Smith, known criminal, small time grifter, not out of jail for terribly long, saw the angel Moroni there. Is there a connection between "Moroni" and "Moron?" Or "Morons?"

@BirdMan1 Several religious sects came out of "Millerism". However the main one is the 7th Day Adventists.

Beck is a blithering idiot.

"End Times" is a farce! But, you already know that.

I have devout Morman neighbors! However, they don’t support trump and the 95 yr old, mother said (before she died) that the actions of trump reminded her of the period when Hitler came to power! But, they must not be with the ‘End Times,’ stuff as they have not mentioned it! I will say, they are very narcissistic, which is draining!

Three of my five siblings are still Mormon. I think only one supports Trump.

Hey, I see second comings many times with my multiorgasmic fwb's!

When one is talking about billions of years, a few million years would be considered "near".

I wish his end times were near

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545486
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.