Agnostic.com

41 8

What is your knowledge of religion?

I'm curious how knowledgeable people on this site are about religion. I read an article a while back how atheist were in the 90 or 95 percentile in knowledge about religion. I took the test and came up in that range as well. I'm sure this question has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find it. Sorry about the repeat if that is true.

Fulishsage 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everyday... trying to know less religion and apply less understanding of things I don't believe in.

Enought to know that the History behind religion is what makes it Religion and not History.

Fairly good. If you mean just Christianity I would probably Ace it.
Some exposure to other religions as well but there are thousands so....

I'm probably somewhere in that range. I can usually hold my own in religious debates against both christians and muslims. The ones I have an issue with are the ones that try to make science a religion by saying something that sounds scientific and saying that energy is God.

I was once in a religion. I know enough to not follow it ever again.

Enough to know itbis not needed in my life or anyone elses for that matter.

93% - I had no idea with the question about whether public school teachers can lead prayer and the one about the Great Awakening.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 11, 2018

Extrememely patchy I remember my older brother saying to me once you shouldnt dismiss anything without reading it - I tried but so many begats it got on my nerves plus no real structure to it .Having D.I.D I need a lot of structure and thing s following through rather than just fading out.

I also scored better than 87% of the U.S. public, using that test. I'm surprised I got 3 answers wrong - well I learned something! I think I stopped learning about religion after concluding that it simply wasn't for me.

I know a lot because of all the reading I do, and my curiosity. Most religious people I meet know little even about their own religions.

A few months ago a Thai girl whose home hosted a Catholic church invited me to their services, and when I questioned her about her religion she knew next to nothing..hadn't even heard of the Pope or the Pope's official stance on the LGBTQ community. I became so frustrated, I gave up even trying to talk to her, but when she kept inviting me, I just cut to the chase and said, "No."

The fact that the Bible was published until the invention on the Printing Press which started the Protestant Revolution. Its unbelievable what will happen once you can read and have all the facts in front of your face. 5000 known mistakes listed in the Bible and more discovered every day.

Enough to stay away

Extensive. Was a born again Christian. As such stidied comparative religions.

Just as I am an ex gambler. I can still tell you how much you would get back off a £1 yankee (That`s 4 races, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and a 1x4 horse accumulator). I can also tell you when easter is. ie The 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the vernal equinox. Not if the full moon is on a Sunday then its the next Sunday and it is an " ecumenial " full moon not a real one because when they calculated this they were not much cop at astronomy.

Not much but enough to know its bullshit

It's genuine for the most part.

Ext

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.