Agnostic.com

21 6

If you desire enjoyable conversation, convivial lunch/dinner and perhaps a bottle of chianti is it more likely to involve another woman? How soon after do you mention your religious beliefs?

waitingforgodo 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, I now bring 3 topics up front to the table because I'm not wasting any more time with this bullshit: Are you religious? Are you against legislating the uterus? Did you vote for Trump the 2nd time? If there is a yes to any of these, it's a deal breaker.
As to the sex of a dinner partner? That depends on the personality. I can't say a woman would be any more enjoyable than a man.

I will ask, "do you watch faux news" and that tells me all I need to know how to go forward.

If you’re looking for a relationship, you need to mention religion up front. You don’t want to waste either of your time if it ends up being a deal breaker.

If you just want company and aren’t concerned about the future, I wouldn’t bring it up at all unless the conversation naturally went that way.

Never a bottle of Chianti! Makes me think of Fava beans and liver. 🤢

. . . the first two lines of my dating profile :

I am honest and direct.
I am unequivocally and decidedly lacking in religious belief (and seeking same)

(and atheism as my "religion" )

. . . and I'm continually astonished how many 'believers' still respond.

That second line rocks ! Excellent way to get it all out there.

I mention mine as soon as possible! Paganism is gaining enough clout that young at least know what it is. My wife is Presbyterian but kind of “Luke warm” church goer. But she understand s exactly what I believe. Even the Presbyterian minister can openly talk with me and he learns about my view on sermons (an outside perspective).

My wife believes in god, but follows no religion. No reason you can’t get along with a theist. But the relationship must be more important.

I simply tell them I used to be a believer but I studied the bible too much. Some will accept that and some want to fight you or "convert" you. Be up front with them from the beginning.

How important is your partner's religious beliefs to you? The more important, the sooner you bring up the subject.

Right away, else why would I waste my time?

Right away if you're interested in that person. Also it's important to know about the person political views to avoid future disappointments. But if you're interested in meeting for sex, well ...... don't worry be happy.

They know it before we ever meet!!!

My profile always states I am not religious in any form or fashion!!!

Funny when i tried on-line dating I put that up front in my profile as a deal breaker. Amazing how many women blew right past it. For me a casual lunch/dinner wouldn't matter but if it was anything more (or had the potential to be something more) then I would deal with it up front.

I can't remember honestly.
It has been ages and ages.
I prefer time alone in desolate places.
The windier the better.

This is something that happens in the US mostly. It is not an issue in other countries. Why is it that it is so different there?

Welcome to your 1st welcome post here.... I doubt if you ask a woman to dinner from here, no photo no age no city is a big turn off.. answer all the questions complete your profile smile in a photo join groups of interests like cat lovers music lovers food lovers....say how far you will drive to meet someone and finally WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON loving Chianti like Jefferson....you must be 21 to buy booze

I don’t bring it up first, I never do. But I will not hesitate to be straight about it if I’m asked about it. Whoever can’t accept it for whatever or any reason, I’m fine with it.

um, "after" what ezackly? 😀

and yeh fwiw "another woman" is open to several interps too i guess lol

I don't bring up a religious beliefs as I very seldom initiate conversations that naturally lead in direction. However, if she does I have no problem with having the conversation because I don't want to leave any impression that I may join her in some religious event.

As long as it is someone you are attracted to, gender isnt that important. After the second or third love making session. Whether they believe or not is much less important than how they act. If they are an obnoxious theist, you usually know in the first 20 minutes.

@Gwendolyn2018 non taken, if we were all the same, it would be a boring world. Feels like you lump all believers under one definition. A date with someone is not the same as a relationship. ( could be the beginning) Neither is sex if consensual. In my experience, people who are very religious let that be known early on. Then it is a matter of whether the relationship can take precedence over all. If yes, continue, if no, bail.

My wife is a believer (not active in religion) and we’ve had great relationship for 25 years. We have fiends, one is Jewish, the other xtian. Both active in their religions, and have a great relationship. So, I prefer to judge people on the content of their character...😎

@Gwendolyn2018 so you came to the realization long before a diner date. Kinda highlighted my point that you find out pretty early who the jerks are. I’m not judging anyone. Dating is like a job interview, just trying to see if it is a good fit. We all have our own thresholds.

@Gwendolyn2018 well, in the world I live in, no judgement....not sure where the disconnect is......but enjoy your evening..✌️

Are you conducting a poll or joining this dating site genuinely??

Our Atheism is NOT a religious belief so asking a leading question like you posted is not going to get you a date with an Atheist your age

I am open to discussing religious paradise after we reach the earthly paradise together…

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.