Agnostic.com

13 15

LINK Some Southern Baptist pastors are calling Kamala Harris 'Jezebel.' What do they mean?

Southern Baptist pastors are sharply critical of Vice President Kamala Harris. Now some are taking their insults to biblical proportions.

(RNS) — It didn’t take long after the inauguration of the nation’s first woman vice president for some pastors in the Southern Baptist Convention to start comparing her to the Bible’s most nefarious woman.

Two days, to be exact.

On Jan. 22, Tom Buck, pastor of First Baptist Church of Lindale, Texas, equated Kamala Harris with the biblical Jezebel.

“I can’t imagine any truly God-fearing Israelite who would’ve wanted their daughters to view Jezebel as an inspirational role model because she was a woman in power,” Buck tweeted.

They are so threatened an intelligent woman.....

HippieChick58 9 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jezebel brought in the worship of Baal in the OT and got Ahab to do away with worship of Jahweh. If you apply this to Kamala Harris today the religious will say she is going to go for the worship of Indian gods and not the god of the bible. In other words, the ones making these claims are racist. It is plain and pure racism.

Of course they are. I think Racist and Republican go hand in hand.

@HippieChick58 They make the racist claims because Kamala's mother was from India. Therefore she cannot want what white supremacists want according to idiot white people.

I was a southern baptist. There is a verse in the Bible that says women should be quiet and submissive to the man and that god does not allow a woman to teach. Any woman that has strong opinions and tries to take authority will be viewed as a jezebel.Jezebel is viewed as an evil controlling woman.

In the primitive Southern Baptist cult, It’s even worse. Women are required to wear long dresses and to have long hair and are expected to be submissive to men. Kids get the hell beat out of them for any disobedience and sometimes the wives do too.
If a woman wears pants or cuts her hair short or disputes what a man says she is going to hell.

I have several people like this in my family. It’s excruciating to listen to them babble on with their ignorance. They go from god fearing to racist rants in a blink of the eye

Thanks for expounding on that, for I also have bible believers in my family. The submissive break is more what I was thinking of, though their fear of brown skin only compounds that.

They are basically racist what did you expect

It’s more than racism though. To have a minority and a woman makes their head explode. One is bad for them but both make their heads explode

@abyers1970 Karma for all their shit

@bobwjr I was a Southern Baptist and i've had to work hard to clear all the bullshit from my mind. It's not easy but you have to be committed to the truth and doing the right thing. There are still some times when my old programming kicks in but it's a slow process to change and i'm committed to it

Those 'male,' subhuman, Baptists irritate, objectify, and insult any female who won't agree with them. They hope to keep women either brain-dead or dis-empowered. Those poor excuses for 'strong, righteous men' need to be exposed and embarrassed for the ugly-minded doofuses they actually are.

It's the brainwashing. My younger sister, red evangelical, truly believes that she (at age 62, married since H.S.) must follow her husband's every command. At a moment of weakness, she started going on a bit about how difficult he was, aging men, etc, etc, likely because I was receptive to hearing it. Her self-horror when she stopped herself was so sad.

@tinkercreek
I agree. To let someone else own oneself is both sad and horrifying.

I am sorry but they are not threatened by the fact that Kamala is “so intelligent.” Truth be told, she is a balloonhead. She got absolutely curb-stomped by Tulsi Gabbard in the Democratic debates. When asked by Colbert about her previous comments about Joe Biden accusers or his racist comments, she said “it was just a debate.” Essentially, Kamala admitted that she was full of shot and meant nothing that she said. Kamala says that champions criminal justice reform but laughingly incarcerated thousands of black and brown people for minor drug offenses. Ironically, she regaled her days in college sparking up a doobie while listening to Tupac in 1991. Problem with that, he did not even drop an album then.

On top of that, she lied about attending a civil rights march in a carriage and saying “fweedom.” She cribbed that from a speech MLK made. She can call her a jezebel considering that she slept her way to the top by fucking Willie Brown, then mayor of San Francisco. Willie Brown even warned the DNC not to nominate her as VP. Kamala Harris is the most stupid, vacuous, empty suit, toe-tapping , finger-wagging, bracelet-jingling, basic bitch politician ever. She says what she needs to say at the given moment because she will do what needs to be done for own political expediency.

Willie brand said ,"Yeah sure I helped Kamala Harris but I also helped lots of other politicians. She's the only one that sent a note to me that I would be indicted if I so much as jaywalked when she was elected DA. That's politics for you!"

Wow, you certainly don’t like her. Are you a Republican voter, I wonder?

@Jolanta I am not a Republican. You are right; a do not like shallow opportunists like Kamala Harris

Jezebel was the daughter of Ithobaal I of Tyre and the wife of Ahab, King of Israel, according to the Book of Kings of the Hebrew Bible. According to the Biblical narrative, Jezebel, along with her husband, instituted the worship of Baal and Asherah on a national scale.
Source: a web search found a site that attributes it to Wikipedia

Religions, I think and hope, will get sillier and sillier until America is as non-religious as Europe.

Ah yes, those Bat-shit Crazy Baptists, imo, they'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between their arses and their elbows without a Road Map and a Tour guide.

A quote from the article - "Then on Thursday, Steve Swofford, of Rockwall First Baptist Church in Texas, preached about President Biden, calling him “cognitively dysfunctional,” and adding:

“What if something happens to him? Jezebel has to take over — Jezebel Harris; isn’t that her name?"

That fear alone may well keep Biden from being assassinated. 🙂

I wish there was a way to legislate the church (ALL churches) and religion out of our government. I think Biden knows the line it's just to bad so many do not. IMHO

They made it 2 days? They deserve more credit than I gave them.

Women in powerful positions smash their world view..fuck'em.

I would take this to mean exactly what the Baptist mean...here is a woman in a man’s rightful place! Lol
I remember this pronouncement from my childhood! ‘Woman take your place behind your man!’ ‘The man is head of the household!’ Never mind that the man just may be a dunce! If not much has changed over my 81 years...there is little hope it will change over the next 80 yrs, for the Baptist! It will continue to be handed down from generation to generation, unless the young people take the ‘bull’ by the horns and bring the Baptist into the 21st + century! 😡

I believe some folks consider her a woman of poor character and "loose morals". 🙄

In my honest opinion, there are NONE with such looser Morals than those who profess themselves to Christians.

@Triphid
I know a few so-called Christians. And their moral codes mirror the population of the United States.
The response I made above is not my view of our Vice President.

@bigpawbullets Although I'm an Aussie and from I've seen of her I kind of like her both as a person and as your V.P.

They're just threatened by strong, intelligent women. Especially women of color, in positions of power.

They can go fuck themselves.

And they see their disgusting power waning.

@JackPedigo They're scared little men. They fear what they can't control.

@KKGator Unfortunately, their lack of control affects all of us.

@JackPedigo I keep waiting for one of them to have a go at me, but it hasn't happened yet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.